What's new

Bay wont shut off???

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
timer shows no time but all the features are running for free....could it possibly be the rotary switch that is causing it?
I thought it could be the coin mech, but that would add time to the timer....any suggestions before I swap out the rotary switch.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm thinking the "Timed load" from the timer would need to be hot for functions to run. Unless the switch is getting power from somewhere else (CC system, manual run switch in eq. room, or whatever), I doubt the switch would be the problem. I'm guessing it's the timer or a wire touching somewhere where it shouldn't. Trace the "Timed load" wire from the timer to the switch. Disconnect it and see if the bay stops. If so, your timer is most likely bad.

I am assuming the timer is a Dixmor. If it is something else, all bets are off.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I do have a CC system that has been disconnected for 2 years now...power is off to the control box, could this be a problem....never happened before

MEP001

Reaction score
If the old CC system pulses coins to the timer, it's not the issue.

It's definitely not the rotary switch - it only switches functions and is supplied power from the timer.

smallwash

Reaction score
I do have a CC system that has been disconnected for 2 years now...power is off to the control box, could this be a problem....never happened before

I also had this problem. Showed up in the morning the rinse was continuously running and it was obvious no one had washed in awhile. We replaced the timer and problem solved.

soapy

Reaction score
I have seen timers get a glitch and stick on. Power down the bay and then power back up will usually reset things.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Is it allowing the use of all functions ?? or just hi pressure ??

If all functions, I would swap the timer first.

If hi pressure functions only, it could possibly be that the contactor is stuck. Or the timer

let us know what you've found
thx

oh i see now that your post say "all" the features. sorry