What's new

Belanger E300 problem

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
My Belanger Vector seems to lose communication with the main unit. The E300 is not be able to control or change anything .
The repair guys say the only option is a new E300 for $1000's they say. Any fixes or spare E300 controls out there. The e300 lights up , just has no control over anything

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Belanger Vector seems to lose communication with the main unit. The E300 is not be able to control or change anything .
The repair guys say the only option is a new E300 for $1000's they say. Any fixes or spare E300 controls out there. The e300 lights up , just has no control over anything
did you test:
1. any relay that corresponds to the communication wires.
2. tug-test the comm wires in input and output cards
3. test continuity in your comm wire

you need to test everything you can before you go replacing (expensive especially) parts.

good luck!

mrbubbles

Reaction score
Mine was having the same problem a couple of months ago. Ended up having to run new wires between e300 and MCC cabinet (5 y/o machine). Easy way to check of wires are culprit; I opened the MCC cabinet and ran a couple of wires from the correct outputs to my E300 (requires a couple of 20'+ wires) and it powered up and worked. I was relieved to not have to spend the $1k. Remember, shielded wires in the counduit between MCC and E300 for control wire. Hope you can get lucky like I did. Existing wire somehow corroded.

PA CW Tech

Reaction score
On the plc there is a tini tiny switch by the plug, make sure its set to run and not stop...found this same issue several months ago.

garbageman

Reaction score
This is a fairly common problem especially as the e300's have been out longer. Often this was fixed by sending the E300 into Belanger where they would download the e300 software onto it again. This was a free service the last time I had it done. The only issue is really that without the e300 you don't know what the fault is if one pops up and if it is an unattended site you will never get a page from the e300 that would notify of an issue. That said, the wash is still technically fully functional without the e300. This is not to say that wires or connections aren't the problem, but i have sent enough of the e300's back to know that I would do that long before I would buy a new one for a couple thousand dollars.

good luck

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The repair guys came up with a bad eye out in the bay. Not sure that has anything at all to do with the computer. It did get yhe machine up and running

C

chek-master

hi, everybody. on mine e-300 periodically there is a mistake, 1: comm error, what does it mean.