What's new

Best powder pre soak for touchles cleaning:

Washme12

Reaction score
I have heard a number of operators opinions. Good results from Warsaw's 565 and Kleen-Rite's Inbay Turbo Powder.
Are these the two best with one trumping the other? Or are there other brands that perform as well in this category?

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I have heard a number of operators opinions. Good results from Warsaw's 565 and Kleen-Rite's Inbay Turbo Powder.
Are these the two best with one trumping the other? Or are there other brands that perform as well in this category?
I started using the Inbay Turbo Powder about 6 weeks ago and I have been very happy with it. I was using Quest 55 gallon drums of their presoak before. I have a 120 gallon mixing tank with a motorized mixer on a timer that turns on for 30 min every three hours during the day. I want to see how it does in the summer .... I think the cars are bit tougher to clean in the summer than the winter. The brine is easier to get off than the baked on stuff in summer.

PEI

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Why use powder presoak instead of liquid concentrate? I use to use powder but the concentrate works better and doesn't require mixing. The cost per car wasn't that much more and it is a lot easier to work with.

Stuart

Reaction score
I do not have a PS cycle on my IBA however my HP soap I use is formulated as a powder PS and works great. From KO Pressure supply. Power Kleen - 9115.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I do not have a PS cycle on my IBA however my HP soap I use is formulated as a powder PS and works great. From KO Pressure supply. Power Kleen - 9115.
How in the heck can you clean anything well without a presoak cycle?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Why use powder presoak instead of liquid concentrate? I use to use powder but the concentrate works better and doesn't require mixing. The cost per car wasn't that much more and it is a lot easier to work with.
Powdered presoaks can be built with more cleaning power than a "one drum" liquid presoak. The big downside for me is the frequent mixing and fewer cars per container. Two part systems with liquid presoak and liquid or powdered alkaline boosters can usually offer the cleaning power equal to or superior than powdered only with less material handling. I can get a couple thousand cars out of my setup.

Stuart

Reaction score
cfcw, the response in thread #9 hit the nail..... and my cpc may be totally different due to location conditions and how hot I want the product for the customer. I have never found the "recommended dilution ratio" to be what will work in the bay-IBA or SS.

How in the heck can you clean anything well without a presoak cycle?
thread # 10

It does really well. I do not have a system which sizes the car. Only a few complaints about the rear of the short vehicles.
I give good pressure, the right size of nozzles, and quality soap. Need I say more? ( komfg.com)

There are 2 lasers down the road that I hear constant complaints. They also use an industry known chemical. Just because it has the name recognition does not make it good- equipment or chemicals.

My automatic is 28 years old last month and has been a workhorse. Age is creeping up on it so I will be looking for another soon. I have been noting, especially in the IBA threads, the problems and complaints with certain units and lack of complaints of others.

Hope this helps somebody out there

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
cfcw, the response in thread #9 hit the nail..... and my cpc may be totally different due to location conditions and how hot I want the product for the customer. I have never found the "recommended dilution ratio" to be what will work in the bay-IBA or SS.

thread # 10

It does really well. I do not have a system which sizes the car. Only a few complaints about the rear of the short vehicles.
I give good pressure, the right size of nozzles, and quality soap. Need I say more? ( komfg.com)

There are 2 lasers down the road that I hear constant complaints. They also use an industry known chemical. Just because it has the name recognition does not make it good- equipment or chemicals.

My automatic is 28 years old last month and has been a workhorse. Age is creeping up on it so I will be looking for another soon. I have been noting, especially in the IBA threads, the problems and complaints with certain units and lack of complaints of others.

Hope this helps somebody out there
Interesting....after reading your post and how much of a work horse your IBA is .... just wondering ..... is it a D&S 5000. My units are 17 years old and the darn things just run and run. Just a wild guess of course.... coincidence maybe....just wondering if I can look forward to my units lasting another 10 years or more LOL

Stuart

Reaction score
borumrm, no it is not a D&S. It is an old RACO system that was based out of Joplin , Mo.
Many of you may recall the "Spot Not" franchise. It is the unit they used. We however were not apart of the franchise.
No triple foam or low pressure presoak. I spend 30 minutes a week for PM service, replace as many parts I can before they go bad and in terms of $$ for parts per year on a 28 year old unit =$1000 to$2200 per year, dependent on the year.

HCW

Reaction score
OK, you guys know better than to get lured by cost per container. Let's hear some cost per car.
Any suggestion on how to calculate per car cost?
We keep track of car counts and date chemical containers when we open them.

soapy

Reaction score
Write down your starting number for the wash count when you add a new barrel of presoak. As an example let's say the barrel of mixed powder cost $100 and you monitor the barrel and you do 400 cars with that barrel. Your cost would be .25 cents per car (100 divided by 400). If your automatic allows you track how many single or double pass washes are used during that time you could also break it down to a cost per presoak pass.

MEP001

Reaction score
Any suggestion on how to calculate per car cost?
We keep track of car counts and date chemical containers when we open them.
That's where you start. I write down the car count and date when I put on a new barrel, then I can check the average cost every time it hits a 5-gallon mark.