What's new

Best source for Mars bill acceptors?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Somehow two of my Mars (MEI) bill acceptors died in two of my meter boxes on the same day. Kinda strange.

Anybody have a good source to buy new ones besides the usual places? Rebuilt ones would probably be fine too.

Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
Somehow two of my Mars (MEI) bill acceptors died in two of my meter boxes on the same day. Kinda strange.

Anybody have a good source to buy new ones besides the usual places? Rebuilt ones would probably be fine too.

Thanks.
What model number are they. I see a lot of Mars validators with water damage, most of the time they are repairable.
I only have a half of a pallet of validators.

MEP001

Reaction score
AECO Sales. They're factory direct. They also repair them for a very reasonable price, rarely over $100 and they come back looking like new. I've also bought repaired ones off eBay for between $125 and $150. Just check the seller's rating.

Randy

Reaction score
I've also bought repaired ones off eBay for between $125 and $150. Just check the seller's rating.
You want to be very careful when you buy a validator off of eBay. A lot times they'll wipe it down down and call it rebuilt. I always e-mail the seller and ask them what they did to rebuild it, if they say they replaced the belts it hasn't been rebuilt. To do a proper rebuild they need to replace the belts, upper and lower transport housing, replace the capacitor on the main board, upgrade the software and recalibrate the validator. 99% of the sellers on eBay don't or can't do that. I'll buy a Mars on eBay now and then if the price is right, I buy them to rebuild.