What's new

Bucket washers

soapy

Reaction score
In my area I have started to see all the restaurants now posting signs saying " NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK". It seems they are having the same kind of luck we do with bucket washers. I have often related that a bucket washer is like a person who brings their own food to a restaurant. Seems like we are not the only ones with this problem.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i used to go to a bar where they had happy hour on thursdays. the owner put out an awesome food spread; chinese, lasagna, pizzas, etc. wouldn't you know it; there was a group of elderly folks who would go every thursday! they would pull cans of soda out of purses and pockets and have themselves a nice, free meal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true story.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Meh. I get a few per month. I don't say anything if there aren't any people waiting, and they're going to spend a few bucks to rinse their vehicle down. If I'm here when they're doing it I turn the pressure down to about 900psi.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Years ago with Full service gas a guy gets gas and asks my Dad to check his oil. My dad checks it and says the guy needs a quart. Guy goes to his trunk, pulls out a can of oil and asks my dad to put it in for him. My dad says, "I am sorry, we only put in products purchased here. " Guy says "But I bought gas". My dad says "Would you go to a restaurant, order a cup of coffee and hand them 2 eggs and ask them to cook them for you?" Guy says "You serve eggs here?"

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Years ago with Full service gas a guy gets gas and asks my Dad to check his oil. My dad checks it and says the guy needs a quart. Guy goes to his trunk, pulls out a can of oil and asks my dad to put it in for him. My dad says, "I am sorry, we only put in products purchased here. " Guy says "But I bought gas". My dad says "Would you go to a restaurant, order a cup of coffee and hand them 2 eggs and ask them to cook them for you?" Guy says "You serve eggs here?"
Over the years I've had customers tell me they have a problem with a certain aspect of my wash operation. I ask them if their car is clean? I ask them if when they go to a restaurant do they go back to the kitchen and tell the chef how to cook their food?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I still have customers who come in and "try" to use my foam brush for free only to find out that I use wobble heads and they get so ****ed because they can't get the brush to hold still until I go out and explain to them how it works.

Randy

Reaction score
The last person I caught using weep water and the dipping up the foam from the floor with the foam brush. I turned the weep water off, turn off the power to all the bays, went and had coffee. When we came back about 45 minutes later he was in a different bay and he was PI$$ED! because he has somewhere he had to be and he had dirty floor foam all over his car, I told him he'd have to pay to rinse to the foam off his car. He found $3 and I turned the power back on. He broke my heart when he said he was never coming back again.

JustClean

Reaction score
The last person I caught using weep water and the dipping up the foam from the floor with the foam brush. I turned the weep water off, turn off the power to all the bays, went and had coffee. When we came back about 45 minutes later he was in a different bay and he was PI$$ED! because he has somewhere he had to be and he had dirty floor foam all over his car, I told him he'd have to pay to rinse to the foam off his car. He found $3 and I turned the power back on. He broke my heart when he said he was never coming back again.
I can totally relate to this. The only problem is that they go on Facebook and tell lies. But you have to set the rules otherwise they walk all over you. I know a carwash where a guy wrote on Facebook that he had "a" leaf on his pickup truck and was told not to blow it off. All hell broke lose on Facebook until somebody asked if that may have been a palm leaf...

Reaction score
Just splash some red paint on the wall and put up a sign (with an arrow) that says " The last bucket washer that was here!"

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I get more people that use the foam brush with the remaining soap in the holder to wash their vehicles. I get a lot of standing chemical in the holder because the drain is on the side about 1-2" from the bottom of it.

I need to raise it a bit and relocate the drain to the bottom so it completely drains.