What's new

Car Wash Cleaning

CMDguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Was talking to a wash owner and he suggested the most brilliant idea ever to start me in the business: I could start my own mobile cleaning company specializing and spraying down car wash bays. Has anyone ever heard or done this sort of thing and/or have recommendations? Appreciate any input. thanks.

sparkey

Reaction score
Why would anyone pay a mobile cleaning company to spray down a car wash bay, when they already have all the equipment to clean the bay already in place? Its called hiring an employee if you don't want to do it yourself. You don't need an outside company to come in and do it for you.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
THere's times I'd pay a company to clean the PVC walls. I hate doing it. There is a guy on one of the FB groups doing it and gas stations.

I built a serious machine to do my washes and commercial properties. 47hp V twin with a hot box. 500 gal buffer tank. Soft wash pump.

There is GOOD money in commercial pressure washing

CMDguy

Reaction score
THere's times I'd pay a company to clean the PVC walls. I hate doing it. There is a guy on one of the FB groups doing it and gas stations.

I built a serious machine to do my washes and commercial properties. 47hp V twin with a hot box. 500 gal buffer tank. Soft wash pump.

There is GOOD money in commercial pressure washing
Good to know. I have relatives who are in the pressure washing business who I am hoping will help me too.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to work for a commercial pressure washing company. The problem with most of them is that they violate the federal clean waters act if they do not contain and properly dispose of their wash water. It is federally illegal to allow any water with any chemical whatsoever to run onto the ground. Some states enforce this law, And some don't. but let's be clear on one fact: it's illegal in every state!

Many years ago when I was detailing cars and a friend of mine had a pressure washing company we created a gravel area beside my detail shop and we're pressure washing the detail shop cars outside. Not long after, I got a visit from the state's department of environmental protection issuing me a cease and desist order.

be sure you are following all your local state and federal laws if you want to start any type of business washing anything.

kentadel

Reaction score
Cleaning the pvc walls is not a fun job. I just cleaned 2 bays (walls and ceiling) last week. It took 4 hours for each bay to get them to look like new again. I should have hit them every time I sprayed the floors down. Lessoned learned. I used Clean Wall from AP formulators. Get gloves, goggles, raincoat, and a scrub brush and be prepared to apply the product a couple times.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Cleaning the pvc walls is not a fun job. I just cleaned 2 bays (walls and ceiling) last week. It took 4 hours for each bay to get them to look like new again. I should have hit them every time I sprayed the floors down. Lessoned learned. I used Clean Wall from AP formulators. Get gloves, goggles, raincoat, and a scrub brush and be prepared to apply the product a couple times.
The key is cleaning them often

Roz

Reaction score
There are a few power wash guys who travel to various IBA & tunnel washes in the MD area. Operates off his truck that has all the equipment, comes with his own water too (a 250 gal cube container). Very reasonable for those who do not have the time to power wash the IBA bay. They usually charge about $50/hour. Our IBA takes him 2 hours and it looks like new. Another 110' tunnel with a lot of glass probably takes the person 8 hours. Just need someone who pays attention to the work so they do not blast any equipment that could be negatively impacted by the pressure. You can find biodegradable chemicals that are effective and safe. Go for it as there is a market.....

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
It is federally illegal to allow any water with any chemical whatsoever to run onto the ground. Some states enforce this law, And some don't. but let's be clear on one fact: it's illegal in every state!

I would expect that the SS would have the water flow into the same drain that is used for washing cars so this would not be an issue.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
For a reasonable price I would be willing to pay. Most pressure washing contractors value their labor at well over $50/hr.. I'd gladly pay a guy $50 per hour plus chemical costs for a guy to come in and do it for me.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would expect that the SS would have the water flow into the same drain that is used for washing cars so this would not be an issue.
Yes, of course. But as soon as they venture outside of the bay to do aprons, building exterior, etc it becomes an issue.

Scmedic11

Reaction score
So kleen wall products don’t work as well? Did you use a 2 step process? I’m looking for a product to wash on and wash off. Have you found one?

kentadel

Reaction score
Kleen Wall worked really well. Single step. I just waited too long between cleaning! I have since gotten good results by spraying on and rinsing off.

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I just get Al Birghtner from my chem supplier and apply with a 12v sprayer 6gpm. Let dwell and and use HP to remove. I hardly ever scrub

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
So kleen wall products don’t work as well? Did you use a 2 step process? I’m looking for a product to wash on and wash off. Have you found one?
You can spray on and rinse off HF based products without brushing but it requires stronger product and careful application and removal. You have to spray an even coat of the cleaner on and wash off methodically to get consistent results. If you miss applying the cleaner consistently the walls will look splotchy. . We've found it actually quicker and easier to apply the product and lightly brush the walls. It doesn't require hard scrubbing, just moving and spreading the product around with a brush seems to do what we need.

water guy

Reaction score
Does anyone use a steam cleaner to clean walls .wonder how would work

water guy

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer I almost bought one at TSC they had him on special

gee gee

Reaction score
I use a commercial cleaning service that comes in twice a month to spruce up the car wash bays. It costs me around $400 each time. They do a thorough job, making sure everything is clean. The convenience of having professionals handle it is definitely a plus for me. It saves me the bother of worrying about maintenance.
My car wash is in Lafayette. If anyone is from around there, Going Green is the cleaning company that I use.

Last edited: