What's new

car wash wand flew out of holster....damage

Etowah

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
A customer put money in and was not holding the gun. He said it flew out of holster and damaged his car....how should I respond to him....he sent me an email....Any good response for him.

jack954

Reaction score
first thing i would do is check all my guns to see if one of them does that. if they don’t then i wouldn’t give them my time. this would be 1 of 500 different reasons to have video surveillance.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Unless you are running 5000+ psi, I doubt that happened. Even with that PSi, if you have weep guns, it's not happening.
Cameras and a DVR are unfortunately required in this business these days.

Just last month I had a customer say my touch free auto wash damaged all four wheels on his 2020 honda. I told him there is no possible way that happened, as it is a touch free. His insurance company contacted me and wanted my insurance info. I sent them the video of his car entering, washing and leaving my wash, with no issue. Haven't heard anything since.

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
Had a weep gun stick open a few years ago and when it started up shot out knock out the beck window of a ford mustang . Had to pay for it . All on DVR . It was a JE Adams gun . Took all of them out and replaced with Cat guns at that time .

MEP001

Reaction score
Unless you are running 5000+ psi, I doubt that happened.
I've seen it happen.
Even with that PSi, if you have weep guns, it's not happening.
I've seen it happen with a weep gun.
It was a JE Adams gun .
They've had the occasional bad batch. A friend of mine had a customer's car get damaged, and Adams paid for the car repair.

The best defense is to have signage that says to have the gun in hand before starting the wash.

jack954

Reaction score
i had it happen and paid out $600. there was a pinhole in the hose about 2 foot down from the gun. i watched the video and new it was going to cost me. i run 1250 psi

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I'd love to see that video. I just can't image how that happens.
I see people lay them on the ground and they only move a little when started.
I also run 1200-1250 psi.

jack954

Reaction score
video is long gone, but i agree with you i don’t know how it could happen. I actually didn’t believe the guy when he called me until I looked at the video