What's new

cash fraud page from Wash Select II

Etowah

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
OK....what does this mean? I don't have my manual handy and it doesn't sound good but I have gotten this page 6 times in the last 10 minutes. Don't have remote cameras at this site and it is 30 miles away...don't want to have to go unless I have to........

MEP001

Reaction score
If you find out it's some theft attempt, next time it happens you might call the police and have them hold whoever is there until you arrive to prosecute.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Cash Fraud Error Code: System registered cash Warning after the cash was disabled. Possible salting or stringing attempt.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
more followup
-running out the door to drive to a wash 30 miles away I ain't gonna get there before anybody there leaves
-police ain't gonna make it a priority...seems they wait at least long enough before they arrive so they don't have to be put in the position of actually encountering someone
-in our area we have had rpts of someone somehow emptying coin hoppers on the wash select II's my partner got a call from another owner telling us about it. bulletin was sent by a local equip vendor telling everyone to keep as few quarters as possible in hoppers
-next night this wash got hit...we did not get these pages at that time however we got hopper low/hopper empty on both units at this location. 2 other wash hit also.
-unitec believed it was stringing - we disagreed..1 autocashier had a standard brand acceptor in it the other had a MARS we have never had a case of a MARS being strung
-unitec suggested removing wire from cash button saying that should prevent it..we did this other sites got hit and noticed on camera it appears the person is using a credit card to somehow do this
-at this location we disabled the credit card acceptor on 1 unit by unplugging it both units have wire removed from cash button
-disabled stacking function on unitecs so car behind has to wait until wash is finished before it will allow money to be put in
-last evening we got the cash fraud page 6 times in less than 10 mins then it stopped. only got it on the left side machine (unit with the MARS validator)did not get it on the right
-hopper not emptied but report did show cash overpay of an amnt way more that the number of coins in the hopper as we limited the number there. right site was fine
-we called other operator and told them as soon as we got the pages he went to his wash stayed for 40 min or so and left ,20 min later they got him
Still don't know how this is being pulled off but appears disabling stacking at least frustrates them makes it to much effort or something.

Etowah

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Get a changer monitor!!!

Sometimes I feel like I'm just beating my freaking head against a wall, but I will say it once again. GET A CHANGER MONITOR!!! Etowah Valley Equipment sells them for a couple hundred bucks! I had a similar device built 10 years ago and it stopped my thefts cold. Once the siren goes off they leave and don't return, I know from experience.

I'm not screaming this at you individually borumrm, just the whole industry in general.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What triggers it. A set amount of a particular denomination within a time period; vibration; magnatic switch?
Mine work on a set # of coins out being exceeded within a short window of time, alarm sounds, machine shuts down, crooks run away, very little money lost, and they don't return.

Jim will set them up to monitor the bills coming in if you want, but that's not as good. If they get the coins to dispense some way other than stringing the monitor is no help. Just tell him that you want to monitor coins out. Be sure to add the siren. If you don't the monitor is not much help since the crooks don't know they've been detected and just think they need to come back after the machine resets before they can steal more.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Well, what really should happen in my opinion is the autocashier vendors ought to build that option into the software. Seems like it would be an easy configuration change to burn in their chips that could be user selectable. I don't know for certain but my thinking is most wash owners don't use the change option on their autocashiers...I know on the 6 we have we do not. Now I know that might hurt Jims business but if I am Hamilton or Unitec and I am looking for ways to keep market share that would be my thinking.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Followup on this....we caught the guy...got pages at our wash again only about three. Since we disabled stacking it won't allow money in without getting the wash..as soon as we got the pages partner called other owner that had been getting hit and told him he might be headed his way. He called the cops and they went to the wash and waited...sure enough the car drove up...and a moment or two later while the car was still there he got same pages told cops and they arrested him. Found bucket of Qtrs in car along with items used. Hope we can get the items once he is prosecuted so we can send to unitec to examine how he was able to do this via the cc acceptor.

Etowah
Reaction score
Have you installed cameras yet? I live 22 miles from one carwash and being able to monitor it over the internet sure is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
cleaning up mud said:
I live 22 miles from one carwash and being able to monitor it over the internet sure is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sure is - I live about the same distance from the wash, and on a cold, wet day I can even check to see if it needs my attention before driving up there.