What's new

Changer install

Noob

Reaction score
I’m installing a new changer at the wash. This one is double size of the old single unit. I have to cut out a bigger hole on the block wall. Do you guys any advice? Should I cut the hole a little bit larger that the changer to provide some adjustment? My current changer is anchored on the back side with some angle iron. Is anyone doing anything different for anchoring?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I installed a new changer a few years ago. I hired a concrete cutting company to cut the hole in the block wall to my measurements. Holy cow did they make a mess. Concrete dust everywhere and I mean everywhere. Tape off the area being cut with plastic sheeting. Thank me later. I then anchored the new changer with angle iron.

Noob

Reaction score
Did you cut to exact dimensions or a little larger? I was thinking maybe an extra 1/4 inch on height and length.

Randy

Reaction score
You want to use a concrete saw that has cooling water, that keeps the dust down but it still makes a mess. Last one I installed I made wall out of plastic sheeting to help contain the mess. You want to make the hole 1 inch wider than the cabinet, they way you'll have a little wiggle room. Once you get it level and where you want it use a can of spray foam around the gap, trim off any excess once it gets hard and then bolt on a couple of 2" or 3" angle iron and you should be good. What kind of dual bill changer are you installing?

Etowah

Noob

Reaction score
I believe it's an ac1005. Im hoping I can use the parts in it as backups. Should I cut an extra inch on both length and width?

Randy

Reaction score
I believe it's an ac1005. Im hoping I can use the parts in it as backups. Should I cut an extra inch on both length and width?
Yes make the hole an extra inch all the way around. If you make the hole 20 inches wide and 30 inches high you should be good. The parts for the newer AC2225 are completely different from the older AC1005.