What's new

Check valve issues….

spf8298

Reaction score
In our three Bay self serve, I’m having some issues tracing check valve problems. Intermittently, I will have some water come back into our presoak tank in the equipment room, and it will overflow out the overflow discharge pipe.

Since the issue is only confined to the presoak tank overflowing intermittently, is it safe to say that one of the low pressure presoak check valves is faulty
In one of the bays? Or am I missing something? I know check valves need to be part of routine maintenance, but I don’t want to replace all of them if they’re not all faulty.

Any help on tracing down this issue and if I’m missing someone would be appreciated.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
This will take some time but is effective at night or slow time when nobody is using the wash, drain your entire presoak tank go to each individual bay and click to high pressure rinse squeezing the HP gun and water should come back into the tank depending on which bay is being used will pinpoint the bad presoak ckv. 2 people can do this very quickly or some electrical tape to the trigger on the wand. Easy peasy.

There always is a chance there could be multiple bays having bad CV also.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve had the same problem in the past. When the weep would come on the Presoak tank would overflow. When the high pressure would come on it wouldn’t leak by, the high pressure would close the bad check valve. What I ended up doing was disconnecting the Presoak line out in the bay and turn on the Presoak in every bay until I found the check valve that was leaking by.