What's new

Clog Hog

Etowah

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these included in the arsonal of tools at your CW?

http://www.cloghog.com/model_C-100-M.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAEl294mhk0

Sure looks like it would be easy to clean a slow or clogged drain pipe with this....Just wondering if someone has used one and will let us know how well it worked.

Its a given, if your in this business long enough, that you WILL have a stopped up drain....Just trying to be prepared when the time comes! I like to be self sufficient and want to be prepared to fix things quickly....This looks like a valuable tool to have on the shelf as long as it works as advertised....

E.Joramo

Reaction score
We use one of these from time to time. works pretty good.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I have used a homemade one. Kleenrite sells the same nozzle which you just put on a hose. The trick is getting big enough of a power washer with pulse. Most of the time, however, you need an auger. I tend to get skoal cans and soda cans stuck in my drain. The clog hog does not punch holes through them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had to make something like that in an emergency not long ago. If the real thing works half as well as what I jury-rigged, it's worth having.

Indiana Wash said:
I tend to get skoal cans and soda cans stuck in my drain.
Do you have elbows in the pits turned down so floating debris can't get in the drain? That should stop your problem.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I bought a similar product ( I think from Dultmeier sales). It essentially consists of 1/4" nylon braid hose with a sewer jetter nozzle. You can also buy a foot pedal control attachment which is handy when trying to do this by yourself. It is best suited for mud and softer debris-leaves, pinestraw, etc. It will stop when confronted with a rigid object such as a can or bottle. It is much more convenient than a typical snake and works most of the time.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Do you have elbows in the pits turned down so floating debris can't get in the drain? That should stop your problem.

Yes, of course I do. Kind of makes me wonder how I get something in there blocking the drain once every couple years, but c'est la vie.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
My pits are covered with 1/4" plate steel with 3/4" holes drilled in the plate. So bigger objects can't get in the pitts or drains. Plus I have two stage pits in each bay with the second stage covered with solid 1/4" plate...The only thing I'm concerned with is mud or sediment laying in the pipe and eventually clogging it completely up. My furthest pit drain is getting slow....

The Previous Owner told me he had to get a Proffessional Jetter in there once in 8 yrs to unclog the main line. So I'm thinking the cost of this will be money well spent to have on hand.

I have about 200' of extra High Pressure hose for my bays and thought about making my own. But for $150 bucks its pretty much a no brainer if the Clog Hog works as advertised. From your comments, I think its worth a shot.

Thanks!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
2Biz, buy one of those sewer cleaning nozzles from one of the CW suppliers. Make up a 1/4" hose about 50' long or whatever you think you may need depending on lengths of your sewer pipes. Put an end on it that will accept your gun swivel so it will be simple to hook up. Sediment does build up in the pipe and will eventually block it completely. The good part is that it is usually just the few feet closest to the pit which has water standing in it all the time. It is just soft gooey sludge and the nozzle will clean it out great. I have 4 washes and 24 pits and have used it successfully numerous times.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
From the information I could find online, 1/4" hose is too small for my gas pressure washer. It is 2500 psi with 3 gpm which calls for 3/8" hose and a different size jetter tip. I would need about 100' of line to get to my furthest bay (If I clean the whole line) so $150.00 isn't a bad price for the complete setup. I do appreciate the suggestions though! :)

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I just realized you were talking about hooking the jetter up to my bay gun! Thanks...That is something I didn't consider!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
:D And to think I've owned this wash now for 10 months, installed a spot free rinse system, tri-foam system, all new LP bay booms, 3 phase motors, solenoids, 24v and mercury relay vac systems, new timers, CFL's, and lots lots more...I think I'm so burnt out I can't even comprehend a simple post! :D

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Bugging the Hell out of you guys :D

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Randy and others here have suggested using 1/4" HP hose and a better jetter head than what is listed on the site I posted. At my normal paying job... We have some GoodYear 1/4" HP Single Wire Braided Hose which is very flexible and should bend around an elbo without problems. So I'm taking their advice and making my own and running it off a bay hose. It is considerably cheaper anyway....

If its not enough pressure, I can crank the regulator up temporarily or fall back to my 2500psi Pressure washer if needed. But from the great suggestions, the bay hose should work just fine. Thanks for all the help and input....

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Follow up: I got a chance to use the jetter I made up. I ended up using 100' of Goodyear 1/4" 3000psi HP hose from KR. Also bought this jetter:

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3815-drain-cleaning-nozzle-14-male-stainless-steel.aspx

It works great. Although I used it with my 3gpm 2500 psi pressure washer instead of using the bay guns. The jetter pulled the hose over 70 feet through 4" cast iron pipe and one elbow that goes to the end bay. It was almost too easy. Did all 4 bays and the main line to the pit in less than an hour. Thanks for all the help with this. Sure beats having to hire it done!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Follow up: I got a chance to use the jetter I made up. I ended up using 100' of Goodyear 1/4" 3000psi HP hose from KR. Also bought this jetter:

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3815-drain-cleaning-nozzle-14-male-stainless-steel.aspx

It works great. Although I used it with my 3gpm 2500 psi pressure washer instead of using the bay guns. The jetter pulled the hose over 70 feet through 4" cast iron pipe and one elbow that goes to the end bay. It was almost too easy. Did all 4 bays and the main line to the pit in less than an hour. Thanks for all the help with this. Sure beats having to hire it done!
2Biz & others,

On our jetter, we use a low cost 3 channel remote control from Radio Shack so we can start & stop the specific pump or more than one pump easier & not on the bay wand.

Anybody have good luck with a rotating jetter such as the IPNT16 shown on the following Dultmeier page:

http://www.dultmeier.com/catpages.asp?page=E0879

Mike

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
That one is rated at 3000 psi and 16 gallons a minute. I doubt it would work too good with a bay hose or even a gas powered pressure washer like mine...I think that jetter is more for a commercial setup with a lot of water volume.

Last edited:

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I bought the clog hog about a month ago and immediately needed it to clear a stopped up bay. Like someone else said, it was from mud all the way down the pipe just before the pit.

The thing worked GREAT and I highly recommend it. I haven't tried any of the devices that attach to the car wash/bay hose but this thing along with my pressure washer worked effectively and was easy to operate.