What's new

Coins not sliding down

SHINEY2

Reaction score
After about 6 months of non issues...my quarters are not sliding out the chute into the cup on my changer. I added all new quarters, cleaned out the hopper and cleaned and blew out everything including the chute or slide the coins ride in down into the cup.

the quarters jam in the chute - not in the actual mechanism, usually when someone puts in a 5 or 10.

?? why after 6 months would this start and happen nearly everytime someone uses a 5 or 10 ??

SuperClean

Reaction score
When ever this happens on my auto teller i use jigalo silicone spray and wipe off the extra works great

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
If this is a unitec, I have had luck with polishing the chute w/steel wool and put light coat of wax on .

MEP001

Reaction score
If it's a Hamilton, check under the hopper for spilled quarters.

Reds

Reaction score
I have the same problem repeatedly with my Unitec. I have tried polishing it, waxing it, replacing the "rolling coin chute", and proping the hopper up to put more angle on the chute. It jammed twice today. Tomorrow I have to try to find some other kind of trick. Maybe dynomite. I have 2 Unitecs and both give me this problem often, one of them jammed up twice today. Sometimes the entire length of the chute is jammed, other times the jam is at the top of the chute where the quarters drop into it. Very frustrating.

SHINEY2

Reaction score
I BELIEVE A UNITEC, SAYS WASHCHANGE ON THE OUTSIDE.

TRYING EVERYTHING...I'LL TRY STEELWOOL TOMORROW. SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR!

rEALLY PI$$IN ME OFF!

SHINEY2

Reaction score
Well,

tried the wool and silicone...still jammed. So I drilled out the 2 mounting holes for the chute that attach it to the coin box in order to get it to have a steeper incline and it worked! No james today! First day in a month!

Randy

Reaction score
Who made this changer? "WASH CHANGE" doesn't tell anyone much. What kind of Hopper does it have in it? How old is it?

SHINEY2

Reaction score
Who made this changer? "WASH CHANGE" doesn't tell anyone much. What kind of Hopper does it have in it? How old is it?
I have been unable to find any brand marked on the change machine. It was installed 7 months ago by Oasis carwash systems in my new facility. this changer was part of thier "kit" along with the other equipment. The color and fonts of the face look like my wash select II so I believe its unitec.

I appologize for not knowing the brand for sure. Sounds like you are annoyed ~ sorry.

Randy

Reaction score
Isn't there any information on the inside of the cabinet? I don't recall when Unitec stopped making changer. I don't believe they made them very long. What are you going to do when you need to service it or buy parts for the validator or Hopper?

Randy

Reaction score
Your Right Pat, I remember now

"July 15, 2008 - Unitec to discontinue WashChange
Unitec Electronics will be discontinuing the WashChange bill changer for the self-service car wash industry. Purchase orders for the WashChange will be accepted through October 31, 2008 as quantities permit. The final shipping date for Wash Change will be December 31, 2008. Unitec will continue to support and inventory parts for all WashChange units in the field as long as key components remain available"

Reaction score
get real

wax paper works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rub the chute down like a kids slide. Slides like you know what! cut some was:D paper up, put in in a zip lock and leave it inside your paystation, change machine and rub it down at least once a week.

mac

Reaction score
This is probably why Unitec quit making them. If it is still only about 7 months old, you need to contact the people who sold and installed it. It is still under warranty. Don't take any crap from them. If they sold it, they need to make it right.

SHINEY2

Reaction score
the wax paper info is great. I will try that. Thank you all for your help. That is what makes this forum so valuable. I hope once I put my time in, and get more expierience, I can help some others in the future. Happy new Year.