What's new

Credit Industry Changes - Important Update

jenward

Reaction score
To our customers:
Two important industry changes are occurring which may impact your ability to process credit card payments. Your payment system may need to be updated to support these new changes.
Unitec is ready to support you with this transition. For more information and to determine if your equipment needs to be updated, please visit our homepage and click on the link provided.

Thank you,
Jen Ward
Unitec
www.StartwithUnitec.com

vinh

Reaction score
Industry changes does occur but charges us small business owner $400 to program each modem is a rip off. You guys at Unitec needs to be ashamed of yourself.

jenward

Reaction score
Industry changes does occur but charges us small business owner $400 to program each modem is a rip off. You guys at Unitec needs to be ashamed of yourself.
We empathize on the impact of the changes occurring within the credit card industry. Unitec is also incurring costs in order to support our customers through this change, and our reprogramming fees are reflective of those costs.
Please feel free to contact us creditchanges@startwithunitec.comat if we can help address any other concerns.

Thank you,
Jen Ward
Unitec

vinh

Reaction score
Is it true that starting july/2017, without the software upgrade the modem with not take any credit card?

jenward

Reaction score
Is it true that starting july/2017, without the software upgrade the modem with not take any credit card?
Please visit our website to determine exactly what is necessary for you to be compliant with the security protocol changes. If you have any questions, we have a phone number and email link on our website with staff ready to help our customers with this transition.

The website link can be found here:
http://www.startwithunitec.com/Industry-Changes-Overview

Thank you,
Jen Ward
Unitec

vinh

Reaction score
I think for my locations with double automatics I plan on converting my unitecs to crytopay. I will eliminate two phone lines and over time make up the savings back. I get broadband instead of dialup so I also will get better throughput and hopefully less customer wait during busy time. Has Anyone out there done the cryptopay conversion yet? Was it easy? Are you please?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi Jen,

To clarify, I understand that the old dial-up datatran 162 SL modem will continue to operate, but will not process the new debit cards starting with a "2", and Unitec will no longer support or reprogram these modems. In other words, our processing won't automatically cease in July. Is that correct?

jenward

Reaction score
Hi Jen,

To clarify, I understand that the old dial-up datatran 162 SL modem will continue to operate, but will not process the new debit cards starting with a "2", and Unitec will no longer support or reprogram these modems. In other words, our processing won't automatically cease in July. Is that correct?
You are correct, however Unitec will continue to support those modems as inventory allows.
Thank you,
Jen Ward
Unitec