What's new

Crypto Pay ACW retrofit

MDrost1

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this? I have CP on a few bays and like it. Just want to make sure that the acw retrofit is reliable and a good fit for those who want to upgrade the acw to high speed internet cc.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It was an easy install, came with new front plastic. My Hamilton dialup modem died, and wanted faster.
Works just like in the bay's .

cap732000

Reaction score
I'm curious as we'll I'm in the process of ordering one and was told by my guy I bought bay equipment from cryptopay last time but though is keep money in state anyways another story but was told that on my acw4 I may have to do a computer upgrade at $2500 dollars extra to be able to use I because the cashier is too old??? Anybody else deal with this issue not doubting the guy just need more looking for more information. And is the green receipts worth a darn???

cap732000

Reaction score
Boy should have read that first hope you can understand that! My English teacher would be sick! Ha

Randy

Reaction score
I'm curious as we'll I'm in the process of ordering one and was told by my guy I bought bay equipment from cryptopay last time but though is keep money in state anyways another story but was told that on my acw4 I may have to do a computer upgrade at $2500 dollars extra to be able to use I because the cashier is too old??? Anybody else deal with this issue not doubting the guy just need more looking for more information. And is the green receipts worth a darn???
I had to read this 3 times and then read between the lines to figure out what you’re trying to say or asking. I think or I should say I’m guessing that you’ve got a real old ACW-4. If you’ve got an older 2 line controller, that’s the one that the display is soldered on to the board you’re going to have to replace the controller. If you’ve got a single line display controller all you’re going to have to do is do the display modification to the controller board to use the Cryptopay system.

cap732000

Reaction score
Lol! Yeah you deciphered well! How do I know which it is? It was built in 2007.

Joe Law

Reaction score
What happens if the Cryptopay goes down? Does the ACW show a cash only message? How do your customers know that the credit card is not working?

Reaction score
No such luck. ACW looks and acts normal. Customer can still pay cash. No problem so far, just once and that was a damaged phone line. I do not have the green receipts and have only had two customers ask for.