What's new

Crypto Pay Order

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am pulling the trigger on a Cryptopay system!!!!!

I want count up mode. Is that what customers like best?

What do you guys charge for minimum swipe?

Thank you!:cool:

MEP001

Reaction score
IMO, count-up is better for you, and from the feedback I've received it's what they want.

I worried about "minimum swipe" at first - I was concerned that if it was higher than cash start-up, someone might try to make a problem of it and get the department of weights and measures in on us. I check the transactions once in a while, and almost never see anyone spend only the start-up amount (and if they did that, they didn't use all the time for which they paid). We charge the same cash or credit.

waterway

Reaction score
I am suppose to get my system shipped this week. I am planning on doing count down with a start price of $3 for cc and keep my $2 cash start price.

Randy

Reaction score
I am pulling the trigger on a Cryptopay system!!!!!

I want count up mode. Is that what customers like best?

What do you guys charge for minimum swipe?

Thank you!:cool:
What version Dixmor LED-7 timer do you have? The Cryptopay system works best with the version 7.36 software.

Reaction score
Count up mode is critical as the customer only needs to swipe it once usually. The minimum I have is $1.00 and it is on the informational sign with the card readers. The only complaint i have and it is minor is that the customer (my consumers) sometimes think they have to put in $1.00 in coins or cash and then swipe the card. I love the system though!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
$2.00 Min cash or credit.

CC is count up with a $10.00 max.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We are count up. Same price as cash. $3 minimum, $25 maximum.

Jim mentioned the other day that he is working on a revision that would allow you to charge a convenience fee for using a card. That way you could recoup some of your processing fee. For example, my wash would charge the same price as cash but with the addition of a $.25 convenience fee. I think this stems from new legistlation recently passed.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I talked with them at the ICA show and they said you could have it charge the start up price and press the button and it would add a quarters worth of time each time you press the button. He said the customer could put say 20 minutes on the timer and then hold the button down when done and it would charge them for only the time used.

Just curious if anyone has set one up this way and if so what are your thoughts? I'm getting ready to order now that I've done away with the D/H doors and trying to decide whether to do like above or just go with count up.

washme1

Reaction score
I use count up. That is one of the major benefits of the system. I have $3 minimum with cc. $2 with cash. I offer bonus time with my Dixmor timers ( 10% bonus time on $5 ) No bonus time with cc . The system is not capable of bonus time with the $3 minimum since bonus starts with $5. Most cc transactions are in excess of $5. That more than covers my interstate charges. I was surprised when I got charged a $100 annual fee from cryptopay this month. I think they called it a technology charge or security charge.

I am very happy with the system. No problems.

Reaction score
We are count up. Same price as cash. $3 minimum, $25 maximum.

Jim mentioned the other day that he is working on a revision that would allow you to charge a convenience fee for using a card. That way you could recoup some of your processing fee. For example, my wash would charge the same price as cash but with the addition of a $.25 convenience fee. I think this stems from new legistlation recently passed.
You may want to check with your state i no in CT only gas stations are allowed to do that.

steve569

Reaction score
To those of you that have the cryptopay system, when you get your statement what percentage of sales are your fees and do you have a choice of processors?

cdreed06

Reaction score
We should be getting our Crypto Pay system in the next week as well. The only issue I have with count up is people not stopping it and complaining. Is this much of a problem?

Reaction score
There were a few initial complaints about being overcharged. The cameras showed that they failed to push the stop button. Also, when the card is first swiped, the system puts a charge on the card for the maximum amount ($12.00). Similar to a bar does when you run a tab. At this point, (3 months later), very few problems. I guess my customers got comfortable with the system.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We have the same problem from time to time with he Pre Auth charges, I just tell them the reason it's $14.75 is to be sure you have that in your account before starting, it's no differant then when you go to the gas station they to have a Pre-Auth hold amount.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
To those of you that have the cryptopay system, when you get your statement what percentage of sales are your fees and do you have a choice of processors?
As Far as I know the only choice was first DAta. LAst statement costs were under 5%. (Not counting comcast internet charges)_ The Chicagoland association has some sort of deal with First Data. Went thrru that rep.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We should be getting our Crypto Pay system in the next week as well. The only issue I have with count up is people not stopping it and complaining. Is this much of a problem?
No. - So Far:)

waterway

Reaction score
Just figured I would let everyone know that I finally received my crypto pay retrofit for my Hamilton acw4 and I have to say I am very impressed. It's very simple to install and it works like a champ. I've had it up for five days now. The only issue I have had was a programming problem where the system was not properly running the cc cards through my provider. So instead of declining the credit cards the system simply just waited till the Internet connection was properly established and debited all of the previously swiped cards. I was very impressed with this since I am used to my other wash select II's shutting down completely and not allowing me to take credit cards. I am more then happy to take the chance that one or two people might have gotten a free car wash because there card was declined later.

The system is pretty ingenious just uses the same dixmor led that already had but they added a antenna on it and then you splice the swiper pulse into where the previous cc harness ran. Pretty awesome.