What's new

cryptopay receipts and signage

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Well I finally received my control unit and swipers. Will get 4 swipers installed as soon as I can get all the holes drilled in my stainless doors so they can be mounted...whew.....at the rate I am going that should be in about two more weeks....LOL. My questions are...do any of you use the Green Receipts? If so are you getting good feedback? Today in my self serve customers do not get receipts but it seems like a good idea...especially if it breaks down the purchases by vacuum, vending, and wash as it seems to on the website.

Next I am wondering if any of you have made your own signage and if so what verbiage did you use. I got the ones they sent and while they look nice they are not very durable and I don't think will last long. I also wonder if the verbiage they use will be clear enough. Although I currently use count down in my vacs and bays I believe I am going to go with count up with cryptopay.

Which leads me to another question...if a customer uses their card then drops in quarters and/or tokens will it add time ... hopefully it won't charge the extra time to the card. I know in my automatic the customer can't combine cash and credit which they sometimes try to do...usually when they enter cash, find they don't have quite enough and then try to put the balance on their card. Thanks in advance.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I haven't advertised the receipts-except for a few that asked. Quarters or tokens are not recognized while running a card.

Reaction score
I also got the plastic signs from cryptopay. A month later they were basically trashed. Made slightly larger signs from metal and emphasized that they need to push the button to stop the charges. No one has asked for a receipt or breakdown of their charges.

MEP001

Reaction score
How many holes are you having to drill and how big are they? I've drilled many thousands of holes in stainless up to 10 ga. by starting a 1/8" hole with a good cobalt bit and enlarging it with a Unibit, Varibit or even the knock-off version from Harbor Freight. The HF one actually seems to hold a cutting edge better than the other two when drilling stainless. The key is drilling with a lot of pressure on the drill and at a low speed. You can use bit wax or cutting oil, but I never do.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
How many holes are you having to drill and how big are they? I've drilled many thousands of holes in stainless up to 10 ga. by starting a 1/8" hole with a good cobalt bit and enlarging it with a Unibit, Varibit or even the knock-off version from Harbor Freight. The HF one actually seems to hold a cutting edge better than the other two when drilling stainless. The key is drilling with a lot of pressure on the drill and at a low speed. You can use bit wax or cutting oil, but I never do.
Each swiper needs three holes....two are 3/16 and one is 3/8. I was being lazy trying to drill them with the door still in place. I just don't have enough oomph behind me to keep enough pressure before I tire out...did finally get two of the smaller ones that way until I decided enough is enough and took my small drill press down to the wash, removed the darn doors and had the next one done off - drilled - back on in less than 30 minutes. The one catch is I found the template the sent for the holes was about 1/16" off so had to redrill one. So much for being lazy....The Fragramataics vacs will be a different story as I don't think I want to try to remove them but they will be the last things I do.:D

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Did not get the Green receipts and so far, no requests.

Use the Cryptopay signage. Still god after 6 months.

Made an ASdittional sign on the dividing Pillar 2' x 2' Saying "These Bays take Credit Cards.
If you don't have the varibit, Buy some Cobalt bits.

Try 1/8" then 1/4" then 3/8"

Should go quickly. You may be able to go 1/4" to 3/8" or 1/8" to 3/8" .

Don't let the nits get too hot. Keep soome water in a cup where you can cool them every 15 seconds or so, but you likely won't go more than 15 seconds with one bit.