What's new

Cryptopay trouble

chiggybite

Reaction score
We installed Cryptopay at 2 different locations. We are getting an extra $1 charge on random transactions. We have changed hardware. It happens at both locations and customers are getting upset and we are getting a lot of complaints. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done to cure it?

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Does the system preauthorize the card for a buck? If so, you might just be seing pending transactions, but not finalized transactions...

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Does the system preauthorize the card for a buck? If so, you might just be seing pending transactions, but not finalized transactions...
The folks at cryptopay told me the default hold on a card transaction is $10 although they will set it to what ever amount you want but if you don't specify then I believe it is set to $10. I had a guy call me because he had an app on his phone that sent him a text every time a charge hit his card and he said the time said only $6 was charged to his card but his phone app said $10 was charged....turned out it was simply the hold placed on the transaction but when it finally went thru it only charged the $6.

chiggybite

Reaction score
No, we will not let our system preauthorize due to the fact that we had a lot of missed transactions. It has to authorize before wash.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
No, we will not let our system preauthorize due to the fact that we had a lot of missed transactions. It has to authorize before wash.
I can't make any sense out of that.... Preauthorizing IS authorizing before a wash. Is it set at a dollar?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Have you called Cryptopay about this? because all you can set is the Min amount and Max amount in the setup page. Are you count down coin or count up because I know if your count down you cannot stop the transaction and have to wait till the time runs out which REALLY sucks because the next customer behind you can come in and keep pressing the button until the max amount is reached.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We installed Cryptopay at 2 different locations. We are getting an extra $1 charge on random transactions. We have changed hardware. It happens at both locations and customers are getting upset and we are getting a lot of complaints. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done to cure it?

Are any transactions like Vacuum set for $1.00 or is there a $1.00 min.? I guess they swipe and don't see instant results and swipe again.

I have count up and do not have any issues.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also have cryptopay and count up. only complaints i get are the swiper doesnt work but so far when i have swiped customers' cards for them i get it to work 1st try (like the bill changer etc)

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I also have cryptopay and count up. only complaints i get are the swiper doesnt work but so far when i have swiped customers' cards for them i get it to work 1st try (like the bill changer etc)
I have some think it did not work when the swipe because there is a slight delay. If they swipe it again to quickly then it cancels the transaction...I think it is like 30 seconds.....so then they think it does not work.