What's new

Cube

washnshine

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Belanger cube in person? No where near me, but the machine interests me and I’d like to hear any impressions anyone might have. The three axis side wheels and complete cross-over looks like it can probably clean the backs of vehicles better that any other friction machine out there.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I know a guy with a Cube. It does an amazing job. I'll have to ask him how it does on rears, but it's fast, reliable, and almost zero damage.

washnshine

Reaction score
I know a guy with a Cube. It does an amazing job. I'll have to ask him how it does on rears, but it's fast, reliable, and almost zero damage.
Thanks - I’m really impressed by the videos and it’s good to hear that. I really want to see it in person - got a ss bay calling for an IBA.

kdersch

Reaction score
Wish I could get Belanger to let me demo one lol!

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I felt the same as you until I went through one a while back. The brushes were extremely stiff and hard on my truck. They also made a terrible squeaking noise. Maybe the unit wasn’t setup properly? Idk I’ll be sticking with our freestylers for now.

washnshine

Reaction score
I felt the same as you until I went through one a while back. The brushes were extremely stiff and hard on my truck. They also made a terrible squeaking noise. Maybe the unit wasn’t setup properly? Idk I’ll be sticking with our freestylers for now.
Thanks for the input. I remember the very first time I went through a foam machine in the mid 1990’s or so, I thought the same thing. The brushes squeaked like crazy and I thought they slapped the car too hard. It was a gas station Ryko - hardly any soap used and who knows what else was out of adjustment. I thought to myself - this will never catch on. Shows you what I knew.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
Sounds like not enough lubrication. Ya gotta use soap to clean a car!

OurTown

Reaction score
Sounds like not enough lubrication. Ya gotta use soap to clean a car!

I agree but have you been through one of these? There is a SpinLite tunnel near me (same material) that has the same effect. It is very strange the first time you go through one. The brush RPM is crazy slow and sounds like it is just slapping the hell out of your car. Inside my truck I can see the roof being pushed in (1/2" or more?) every time the top brush slaps it. Originally it squeaked a lot but they must putting on more soap because at least that issue is gone now.

washnshine

Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see if other companies develop their version of slower rpm wheels and material.

eckert16

Reaction score
Went thru two Cubes.

One SouthEastern PA, was in a pickup truck, the bay seemed much wider than 'standard' bays and the CUBE washed with no issues. SouthEastern, the Brushes bounced freely off the truck as there was plenty of space for them to freely spin beside the truck, it was a nice and wide bay. Cleaned the truck nicely.

One SouthWestern PA, the bay (my opinion) was too narrow for the equipment as those brushes spent more time in contact with the walls than the SUV. There was no room for the brushes to freely spin beside the SUV (no room). The brushes were constantly in contact with the wall and my SUV while they were in operation. This caused the SUV to be 'buffeted" and caused me to 'feel' like my SUV was damaged. Perception is reality in a carwash... even if ultimately no damage occurred. Cleaned the SUV nicely.

[[The brush/spinner motor speed is computed from the amperage draw of the motor (amperage). "Amperage Draw" determines "Brush Speed". Was the speed of the brushes accurately computed? Was the "Brush Speed" determined from the brush "Contact with my SUV" alone? Or was brush speed computed with the "Contact with my SUV" + "Contact with the Wall"?]]

washnshine

Reaction score
Went thru two Cubes.

One SouthEastern PA, was in a pickup truck, the bay seemed much wider than 'standard' bays and the CUBE washed with no issues. SouthEastern, the Brushes bounced freely off the truck as there was plenty of space for them to freely spin beside the truck, it was a nice and wide bay. Cleaned the truck nicely.

One SouthWestern PA, the bay (my opinion) was too narrow for the equipment as those brushes spent more time in contact with the walls than the SUV. There was no room for the brushes to freely spin beside the SUV (no room). The brushes were constantly in contact with the wall and my SUV while they were in operation. This caused the SUV to be 'buffeted" and caused me to 'feel' like my SUV was damaged. Perception is reality in a carwash... even if ultimately no damage occurred. Cleaned the SUV nicely.

[[The brush/spinner motor speed is computed from the amperage draw of the motor (amperage). "Amperage Draw" determines "Brush Speed". Was the speed of the brushes accurately computed? Was the "Brush Speed" determined from the brush "Contact with my SUV" alone? Or was brush speed computed with the "Contact with my SUV" + "Contact with the Wall"?]]
Thanks for that info. I’ve seen countless friction IBA’s over the years installed in bays that are too narrow and the brushes constantly hit the bay walls. Causes premature brush wear, improper brush speed and torque, as well as a terrible perception for the customer. Not sure why anyone would put any machine in a bay if this was the case. Like any other machine - if it’s installed right, it will work as it is designed to work. Thanks again - this is helpful to me.

Etowah