What's new

Current Info on Tankless Water Heaters?

U Wash

Joe Dirt
Reaction score
My old Raypak unit is shot and I wanted to consider tankless heaters. The forum has several comments but they are over 5 years old. I would like to obtain some current info.
1. Has anyone had great success with tankless?
2. Is there a system design manual for tankless available?
3. I read different comments on removing the flow restrictive device from the heater.
The postings talked about problems with flow when the water first starts up. What is the accurate action to take.
Remove the restrictive device or leave it in place?

wash4me

Reaction score
Do you have a hot water tank with a float or inject hot water with a solenoid valve?

Randy

Reaction score
I've been using on demand hot water heaters for over 30 years. They work well. If I was going to stay in the car wash business much longer I'd think about replacing them.

wash4me

Reaction score
So you need more capacity than if you had a tank. ... Or a bypass arrangement so that if you get busier there's less warm water instead of hot. Personally I would get a 150000 btu conventional tank soapy I think in another thread gives a part number for what he uses.

Randy

Reaction score
We use reduced city water pressure for both Hot and Cold water. We use 1 on demand water heat for each bay. We only heat High pressure soap.