What's new

Cyptopay on shurvend

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Any experimenting with cyptopay on the vendor. Maybe use the button to add quarter or dollar increments?

Kevin James

Reaction score
Call tech support at AMS vendors and see if it can be done, they make the vendor.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I know it can be done, but ams has no clue what a cyptopay is, and if anyone has experimented on how to make it pay for an item.
The way to pay for it - the big if? And if the customer can figure out the way to use it.
Current credit card readers built in will charge you after you buy the items, and the cyptopay needs to gather credits first, before you can buy an item.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Whale,

I have tried to get the CryptoPay people to write the program to make it compatible with the ShurVend ever since they developed the system. As far as I know it still is not compatible with the vendor software; two different systems that do not talk to each other. I have offered to be the "guinea pig" for the first system, help them debug it, and make sure it works. The CryptoPay people have promised me for years that they will do it, but nothing yet. It gets very frustrating for everyone, but there is nothing i can do. You guys can bang on them to do it and maybe that would help.

Uncle Sam :(

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Is it possible to Pulse quarter credits, with any of the wires, maybe the crypto could work, or how does the bill acceptor pulse credits?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Is it possible to Pulse quarter credits, with any of the wires, maybe the crypto could work, or how does the bill acceptor pulse credits?
Whale, Uncle Sam & others,

One approach may be for someone to make an embedded logic interface board that would translate the ins & outs of the Cryptopay to the corresponding in & out of the MDB protocol of the Shurvend??? Of course ... it is a whole lot easy to say that than to actually do it. I would think that Dixmor would have a pretty good handle on the ins & outs of the Cryptopay ... but I don't believe Dixmor has much experience with MDB protocol ... I could be wrong. Randy might have some thoughts about that because I think he has been around MDB a bit more than some of the rest of us.

Note: When a credit card communicates with Cyberspace ... there could even be encryption issues involved. For example when we replaced a keypad on our ATM about 10 days ago ... we were surprised at the intricate "start from scratch" re-encryption bonding with the gateway processor ... that had to be done to get the brand new keypad to communicate with the gateway processor.

Maybe the below MDB Analyzer Tool could possibly help that brave person who might decide to take on the challenge.

http://bonusdata.ch/analyzer/analyzer.htm

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Whale,

The whole vending industry uses the MDB communications system to run the bill validator, changer, and credit card devices to vend a product. Coke and Pepsi pushed the MDB system so they could use any brand name for the devices that run the vendor; Coke and Pepsi got what they wanted.

The car wash industry runs on a simple pulse system that has been in place for years; MDB and Pulse do not talk to each other easily. There has to be an written interface between MDB and Pulse for them to communicate with each other. That interface has yet to be written by CryptoPay so that it will work on the MDB sytem used by ShurVend. The engineering time and cost to do this is what has kept CryptoPay from doing it because the market for this device is not very big. Remember ROI??

I'm not an electronics guy so I have to depend on others that are. I have enough trouble just keeping these new technologies running correctly. Electronics are wonderful when they work, but a pain in the butt when they don't!!! As fast as technology changes these days, it is a constant struggle to keep up!

Uncle Sam :(