What's new

D&S Odyssey damaged again

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Lady went through our soft touch auto in a Ford Expedition with a 2' x 6' carrier attached to her receiver hitch. Needless to say things went South very quickly. The drivers side rear arm got caught between her suv & the carrier & stopped the wash. She got out, looked at it & tried to move it out of the way. She was unsuccessful so she got back into the suv & proceeded to move forward & backward trying to detach suv from our new Odyssey! Finally, she just sped forward as hard as she could to break loose from this monster following her & almost pulled the gantry off the rails, bending the arm & breaking the safety stops on the rails. She was lucky she didn't pull the whole machine down on top of her.
Luckily we had her on video because we never got a call from her. Called the police dept & tried to file charges but they said it was just an accident but they would look up the license & call us. Two hours later she was pulled over & we were contacted.
Her first words were that there was no sign saying she couldn't go through & she used our wash all the time with never a problem! I asked her why she didn't call us & she said she didn't thing anything was hurt & besides she couldn't find any of our numerous phone numbers posted all over the wash.
Where is common sense & taking responsibility for your actions?
We will have to post another sign to add to all the others. Where does it end? We will file on her insurance.

JustClean

Reaction score
Similar story here. Guy and his friends drove in with a bike rack attached, damaged the wash, drove out, went back, had a look at the damage and took off. I got their license plate and sent them a polite letter saying that I needed my damaged wash being paid for, especially since they left without calling and if there was no payment I would see this as "leaving the scene of an accident" with me contacting the Police and laying charges.
This guy called me, abused the #$%^ out of me and paid!!!

Don't you just love it? :)