What's new

Dinner in Vegas anyone?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in having dinner on the Monday or Tuesday after the show, I've made a couple of calls to see if we were wanted. I first checked with the Grand Lux in the Venetian (since it's right there), but they didn't seem to want to be bothered with us. I checked with my other favorite place, Peppermill (thanks Soapy), and was welcomed with open arms.

I told them we would probably have about 25 people, most likely on Monday 22nd. They also said they would give seperate checks (GL would only lump them and have me collect). I also asked how long we could socialize after dinner before being thrown out. She said that they wouldn't throw us out, but encouraged us to move to their lounge and stay as long as we want. They have a great menu, not too pricey, and it's just down the street between Wynn/Encore and Riviera.

If this sounds acceptable, I can reserve it for us. I don't have to put up a deposit, only my CC so I don't forget to let them know if we cancel.

I would like to get a headcount ASAP since they need to know within the next day or so. They already have two groups on Monday, but said they could handle us as well. They are wide open on Tuesday if it works better for us. It makes no difference to me. If anyone else wants to arrange something somewhere else, that's ok too.

soapy

Reaction score
You can count on me either night. I know Bill was thinking about Monday night.

Randy

Reaction score
If my buddy Soapy goes then count little boss and me in, either night is good

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count me in for 1!

MudMoney

Reaction score
Count me in for either nite and there will be two,Peppermill is a good choice too.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have been to the show a couple years ago but never to the forum dinner. Sign me up for 3, but I am not sure how I am going to figure out where this group is sitting as I have never met any of you in person. Do you let the receptionist know to direct us to the proper area for those of us who won't reconize anyone?

MudMoney

Reaction score
Sparkey,
Don't you know that all carwash owners look the same,LOL.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have been to the show a couple years ago but never to the forum dinner. Sign me up for 3, but I am not sure how I am going to figure out where this group is sitting as I have never met any of you in person. Do you let the receptionist know to direct us to the proper area for those of us who won't reconize anyone?
I will tell them it is the autocareforum group. My last name is Hall. One of those two descriptions should get you to the right bunch.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
2985 Las Vegas Blvd.

I stated in the first post that it was between the Wynn/Encore complex and Riviera, but I listed the physical address. Heading north on the strip, look for it on the right after you pass Encore. It is a stand-alone restaurant. It's not in a hotel.

Anyone else that wants to join us, chime in. I have 19 committed so far. If the # goes over 25 I'll call them and give them a heads-up so they can adjust.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Anyone else want to join us? I have 21 committed so far.

Just in case I didn't make it clear, everyone is responsible for paying there own tab.

If I don't forget, I will try to pick up a package of those sticky name tag thingies so we can match faces to forum handles.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Still at 21, if you're not sure whether you can make it or not and didn't want to commit, it looks like there will be room for you if you drop in.

My wife and I got here last night. She won $1800 :D on the slots before she ever got in the room. That's a nice way to start a trip:).

Before Randy says something, I'm still not picking up the tab :p.