What's new

Doyle vacuums with pleated cartridge filters

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'm VERY happy with my new vacuums and dealing with David VanGorder at Doyle Vacuums was a very positive experience! (y) (y) :D
Those look like the pleated filters on my Shop Vacs. huge PITA to get dirt out o pleats.

New Washdog

Reaction score
I wanted to give an update on buying 5 new vacuums... I looked at IVS, JE Adams and Doyle. IVS and JE Adams use the 4 vertical sock filters, while Doyle uses 2 pleated filters (like a shop vacuum). I called Doyle's customer references and they were very positive! I would rather clean 10 pleated filters than 20 vertical filters! Starting in September 2023, I worked with David VanGorder to design them (240 volts with a Dixmor LED6 timer, 2 motors, 2" air inlet and custom decal). They arrived in February 2024 and installed on March 12th.

Though more expensive compared to IVS or JE Adams, they are very heavy-duty and well-made! Customers are amazed at the suction! I used my vacuum gauge, and suction is just over 100 Inches of Water.

Cleaning vacuums is my least favorite job, so I'm always looking for ways to speed it up! I bought a set of spare filters so I can quickly swap out the dirty filters. I clean them 1x/week. The BEST way I've found to clean them is to bang the filters inside a rubber trash can (less noisy), then use a stiff scrub brush to remove most of the hair and lint, then use my Diskin Air Dryer to blow out the residual dust!

I'm VERY happy with my new vacuums and dealing with David VanGorder at Doyle Vacuums was a very positive experience! (y) (y) :D
We too have gotten rave reviews on our vacs suction! And Dave is awesome to work with! We have been running our new Doyle Vacuums for several months now and they are great! We found that cleaning the filters every couple of days works best. To clean them we use a long handled brush to grab the hair and tissues etc and then tap the bottom edge of the filters with the brush and the dust falls right out of the pleats. We do not even remove the filters from the vacs but do rotate them 180 degrees to reach the hair and such on the back sides. We found that if we wait to long in between cleanings it take a lot more time and effort to clean. Very happy with our Vac choice!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
................... We found that cleaning the filters every couple of days works best. To clean them we use a long handled brush to grab the hair and tissues etc and then tap the bottom edge of the filters with the brush and the dust falls right out of the pleats. We do not even remove the filters from the vacs but do rotate them 180 degrees to reach the hair and such on the back sides. We found that if we wait to long in between cleanings it take a lot more time and effort to clean. Very happy with our Vac choice!
How many Vacuums do you have?

Randy

Reaction score
My shop vac has a cloth pre-filter to help prolong the life of the pleated filter. Try making a cloth bag and slip it over the pleated filter on your vacs and see if it cuts down on the suction and makes it easier to clean the pleats on the filter.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Oooh, I like that idea Randy! (y) What kind of material is your pre-filter made of? :unsure: I'll Google it to and try to find something pre-made.

edredtop

Reaction score
Fine particulate dust is a serious health hazard concern in my world and try to avoid it as much as possible. I want to enjoy my retirement without health issues so for the past 20 years gloves, glasses, an old jacket, and a disposable respirator (EHMR) with an N100 or R100 filter is used without fail. In more recent years, the potential for a fentanyl exposure is a real possibility in our area so that's on the mind as well.

With that said, looking at the pleated filter design being discussed, one wonders if a 10- to 20-foot-long PVC pipe connected to an air tank that could give it a quick blast of air from the inside out would be feasible. Pressurize the pipe with a ball valve in between the tank and the filter.
Just a thought.

Last edited:

New Washdog

Reaction score
I was asking washdog because they clean the filters every couple of days. Needing to do it every couple of days is not what I would consider desirable and the more vacs you have the less desirable it is.
It only takes a couple of minutes each vac.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Well, with 14 Vacs, I can think of lots of things I would rather spend time on plus with the exception of an occasional caked on Mud on a filter bag they rarely need cleaning.