What's new

Dumping in creek what would you do?

dclark3344

Reaction score
I own a carwash with vacant lots on each side of the wash, which I also own. The lots and carwash back up to a creek. Well today I looked over and 2 vac trucks were dumping their loads one in the creek and the other on my lot. I asked them who gave them permission to dump there and they said their boss the owner of the company. He said it was just dirt and water.
Now what would you do?
I wonder what the city would do if I dumped my pits in the creek?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Dave,
I would not hesitate one second, get tag number and call proper officals and burn their ass.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Dirt and Water bullsh^*!!! EPA gets ahold of that they will fine the hell out of the company, just as Tom said get Tag #'s and get the proper officals involved be sure to take pictures if this has to go to court. In fact I just ran off a carpet cleaning truck the other day because he wanted to dump his dirty/chemical water into my pit I explained the Clean Water Act to him (young kid) and he replys but we usually dump it down the drain behind our shop I then went on to show him that the gas station next to us has a RV dump system and to "ask" the owner if it was ok.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
You should definitely contact the authorities. You will be the first one they blame if someone reports on it. They will say you run a car wash right next to it and you must be dumping your refuse in the creek. I wouldn't care about the other morons, I would do it to cover my own butt.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did get the tag numbers of trucks and trailers, as well as the company name, phone number and the owners cell phone. This just happened at 4:30 I was going to go take pics but we had a storm move thru before I got back down there. I will go talk to the city engineers tomorrow and see what they want to do.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't even let carpet cleaners dump their water in the bays because more often than not it smells like wet dog when they do. Regardless of what they're dumping, it's bound to be illegal.

Reds

Reaction score
If they dump any hazardous waste and it is on your property you own the problem since it's your property. Turn them in right away.

Randy

Reaction score
Well Dave what did you do? What?s going on with this?

dclark3344

Reaction score
The next morning I called the head of engineering and left a message. I finally got a call back and they sent some of the engineers out to check things out. I gave them the company name, phone number, DOT # on trucks, tag numbers of trucks and trailers. This was a subcontractor working for the utility company. I informed the engineers that I had done my duty in reporting it to the city and now it is their call on what needs to be done and I am there if they need me. I wanted to make sure I was being a good citizen and I will leave it in the hands of the powers that be.

Randy

Reaction score
David, What?s going on with this illegal dumping incident? Have any citations been issued?