What's new

Emeffing chargebacks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
.......I'm not even considering CC for all the reasons I read about on here. Maybe someday I'll be forced into it. .....................
Please note that mine, with one exception were gas station - c store purchases. Like anything else, weigh the good with the bad. would you not be in the SS Bus because you get a complaint a month? I guess experience varies but mine is a couple of thousand dollars a more in CC revenue a month vs one complaint every few months about a credit hold of $10.00 or a chargeback of $5.00 every few months.

pgrzes

Reaction score
"Or" the customer knows what he's doing to make it look like he was charged twice? So yea, why would they call you?!?! I'm not even considering CC for all the reasons I read about on here. Maybe someday I'll be forced into it. But for now, thanks for telling the Horror stories! It's a sanity check!
"2Biz" you are correct, the customer may know exactly what he is doing!!! Just like a customer that complains that he lost $1 in a machine to get something for nothing, or the customer that complains he didnt get enough hp soap to get some extra time!!! They all happen, BUT we still are in the business. I have been about 2 years with my Cryptopay and 3 1/2 years with my credit cards in my autoteller. Very few chargebacks, and calls about the hold amount are very limited. My cash business has dropped minimally. I have been very happy with my cc sales, as I get to look at my bank account EVERY morning and see deposits that I dont have to sort, count, take to bank etc.etc. Whats our time worth?? the benefits far outweigh the costs or headaches we may encounter. At least in my case they have. I am sure others will agree. How many people are NOT customers of a facility because it doesnt accept cc?? I feel that numbers grows every day. Cash is KING, but I think CC is a necessary item to have. Just my 2 cents, you can all just Paypal me, I will accept Visa, MC and Discover!!!!!

jenward

Reaction score
All,
The credit card brands have announced a change to chargeback rules to provide some relief. To view the bulletin we just released about this change, visit our website.
Jen Ward
Unitec

Kevin James

Reaction score
If you read between the lines they are talking about the migration EMV chip cards. Has anyone heard of or know anything about a EMV reader for the self serve car wash industry? Are the mag stripe cards going to go away?

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
All,
The credit card brands have announced a change to chargeback rules to provide some relief. To view the bulletin we just released about this change, visit our website.
Jen Ward
Unitec
Thanks for the update Jen. I received that email from Unitec's email blast. You can see the magic of this site.... You come here, complain a bit, and all of the sudden Visa changes their rules! I'm taking the credit for this one - despite my own delusions :) Anyway this is great news for as long as it lasts...!

BTW, on the credit card debate, I can't imagine how much less business we would have if we didn't accept them. One wash is over 90% credit card! If a credit card reader stops working there, so does the car wash!