What's new

Environmental Insurance? Anyone else receiving solicitations for this, and also anyone using it?

D3Dubs

Reaction score
Owner of three car washes. 2 are IBA's and the other is a tunnel w/ IBA & SS. Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

We received a letter from an insurance company that sells "environmental insurance" for car washes. We're trying to determine whether this is something that is really needed or just a package the insurance company put together without a real need.

Any thoughts?

edit: massachusetts or new hampshire specific feedback would be a bonus

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
I would think that first thing to do is read the policy and see what it covers. Next thing would be to check to see if the issuing company is licensed to conduct business there.

Eric H

Reaction score
I'm not sure it would be worth it unless you are storing hazardous materials onsite. Don't think the chemicals are hazardous enough, they are all listed as Biodegradable, to be a concern. Are you located near a body of water that would be contaminated if you had some kind of catastrophic spill?
Have you contacted anyone from the NECA?

BTW: I don't think I know you but if you want to get a coffee sometime, send me a PM. I'm located in Leominster.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I get letters from companies all the time trying to sell me things I don't need.