What's new

etowah valley cc system problem

SHINEY2

Reaction score
1.5 year old etowah valley self serve boxes and thier credit card system in my self service stopped working. i look online with bluepay and all i see is that the boxes dial out to blue pay over and over a hundred times a day . i have turned off and on...checked connections, called blue pay and etowah valley as well as my phone service provider...everyone checks and says its not them...

Anyone have this problem? usually the system dials out once per day to check the connection, sometime around 1 or 2am ...but for 3 days its doing it multiple times per hour from each bay??

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
It's business as usual for my accounts and I'm running four different units. Can you switch to a different phone line? What version is your software?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I had the same problem this spring. Drove me crazy for weeks. Call your phone provider and tell them that you want them to re-route your long distance to a different trunk. I fought with them for days, but finally got them to look beyond the local dial tone and work with the long distance provided. They routed my calls over a different trunk and the problems cleaned right up. If I were you I would disable them right away. Jim swears that it will batch all those card swipes, but he is dead wrong. Unless you have your meters setup to authenticate before turning on the wash, then you will be giving away free washes. Mine is set to quick start and it would dial out, but when it went to send data, it would crap out, (which by the way is a give away of a bad trunk or T-1), then it would let the wash continue and keep trying to dial out. Then you start seeing all the dial outs on blue-pay, but no batches. Anyway, get the long distance provider involved and make them move to another trunk. Should fix you up.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We have had the same problem at one location for the last 6 weeks. Timers are constantly flashing because they can't connect 100%. Jim told me it must be noise on the line so I had the phone company out and they said my line is perfect. My last effort was to switch phone companies, but that has been a frigging nightmare and still hasn't happened. I wish Jim would have elaborated on what the problem could have been. You are right about giving free washes. It took me a week to figure that out.

Lighthouse, do you have any autocashiers or paystations other than the Quickpay terminals at your location? The wierd thing at my place is that my Hamilton ACW which uses the same line has been fine?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It's business as usual for my accounts and I'm running four different units. Can you switch to a different phone line? What version is your software?
TurboSpa quote: phone service provider ...everyone checks and says its not them...

GoBuckeyes quote: My last effort was to switch phone companies, but that has been a frigging nightmare

I wonder if some specific phone company tends to have worse lines than others? It seems like some areas of the country have more choices than others when it comes to phone lines.

Last edited:

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I also have a Hamilton ACW attached to the same phone line. It worked flawlessly the entire time I had problems with the Etowah Valley meters. The reason though is pretty simple.

Your local phone company will not be able to find any noise on the line because their phone line is OK. My Hamilton dials a local number for processing while the EV meters dial a long distance number. The local phone company came and tested your line from your demark point to their local switch. This will probably test fine, especially if your Hamilton is running clean. The problem lies on the other side of the local switch. The local switch will communicate with the tadem switch, which is the long distance side of it. The problem is on the trunks from your local switch over the long distance carriers lines to the local switch where ever BluePay is. I requested that they switch the routing to a different long distance trunk. That means when I dial long distance, I may route to an entirely different tandem switch, or at least I'm going on a different trunk to that tandem switch.

After I requested the change, they called back and never admitted to a problem, (which I have discovered that they never will), but said that it should be working now. I turned a meter back on and tested several cards. I then turned up 1 bay and let it run for a couple days. It ran good so I enabled the rest of them.

I'm very surprised that Jim did not tell you about this. I beat him up pretty good about all this, and made sure he knew what the fix was since he claims he documents all this stuff in case someone else has the same problem.

Hope this helps,
Lighthouse

SHINEY2

Reaction score
After a week of chasing my tail in a circle, I have gotten the phone company to admit that the long distance provider they sub this out to did in fact change my long distance calling to a least cost routing line...which is voice only and no data...and since credit card batching is data, that is why i was not getting anything to process.

If this ever happens to you- good luck. be patient and keep calling until they get sick of you...it is then that they will actually investigate and find that they hwere at fault.

merry christmas!

Tim