What's new

Flo-jet G57 series pump issue. Rapid pumping.

Reaction score
Hey, Everyone. Got an issue with the flo-jet pump for my foaming brushes. When selected,it will pump normally (every second or so) and then will rapidly pump for 5 to 10 seconds. It's a random pattern. Any thoughts? Thanks. Chuck.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A. You have a leak. Gets worse as pressure builds. Do you have any check valve - say for weep that could be bad?
B. It's sucking air - Check supply tube.
C. It's somehow starved for product - Check supply tube - Inlet strainer if any.
D. Bad Pump. - Swap in a new replacement and see if same issue exists if A-C do not solve issue.

Randy

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you’ve got some debris under one of check valves inside the pump or a bad pump. I’d take the pump out and flush it with warm water to try and clean it out. If that doesn’t help I’d replace the pump. Do you have a strainer on the suction side of the pump? It always a good idea to have a 80 mesh strainer on the suction side of any of your low pressure pumps.

mrfixit

Reaction score
Pressure in is usually pressure out. It building and losing pressure it sounds. It's probably pulling from a mixing tank, it will do that when the tank runs dry intermittently. Or loses draw for some other reason... I have strainers on my inlet side too.

Reaction score
Thank-you to all responders! Actually two issues found. I had cleaned the strainer(after the holding tank, before the pump) and not completely tightened it. And soap scum was clogging up the solenoid valve. Thanks again! Chuck.

MEP001

Reaction score
For future reference, I've also seen a Flojet pump rapidly just randomly, and it was caused by the Hydrominder hose sucking air through a hole in the drop tube and flowing it right into the pickup in the tank for the pump.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
More future reference. I use old Foot valves for strainers. (Ones that don't work as foot valves anymore.) In order to have less resistance i cut the barb end so only the part that needs to stick in the 1/2 inch suction hose is there. The other day I had an issue and thought the foot valve was clogged. Pulled it to try and suck on it to see if there was resistance and saw the rubber diaphram was part way up thru the barbed portion restricting the flow. Lucky it did not get sucked up into the pump.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i have had rapid pumping on a g57 before. it is always a cut in the plastic air line on a hose barb that is attached to the flojet pump. i pull hose off, cut it back and reattach and that fixes it.