What's new

Foam cannon to clean ceiling

Eric H

Reaction score
I desperately need to clean the ceilings in all my bays especially the IBAs.
I have an extra SS bay pump that I use as a pressure washer with a really long bay hose to clean equipment etc.
I’d like to apply some chemicals to the ceiling using a foam cannon so that 99% of the chemical doesn’t immediately drop to the floor. Does anyone have a foam cannon that is effective at applying a wall cleaner?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've played with a foam cannon and actually soft washed my house using a foam cannon to apply a mixture of bleach and dawn detergent. The strongest ratio I could get out of one was about 12:1 If I recall. I'm not sure how effective any walls cleaners would be at that dilutions but with the cling and a little dwell maybe it will. Sure was fun to wash the house other than having to frequently stop and refill the conatiner and it actually did a decent job. I thought about trying to fashion a pump up sprayer to the product inlet, I bet you could mcgyver an old Flojet or something for similar purposes.

washnshine

Reaction score
Not sure how bad your ceilings are, but I have white vinyl siding on my home and I clean it once a year with a siding wash that you can get at a home improvement store. It has bleach and is sold under several different labels and brands. I know my siding is vertical and you are talking about a ceiling, but I also spray in on the underside of a vinyl overhang and it does stay wet for several minutes. It’s a bottle that you just attach to a garden hose and it mixes at that point. It’s set to be the right dilution with just a garden hose.

Eric H

Reaction score
…I bet you could mcgyver an old Flojet or something for similar purposes.
This location used to be a 4 bay SS. I remodeled to a 2/3. The bay pump I use as a pressure washer is the old 4th bay. It still has the soap and wax solenoids plumbed to the pump. I think I can power up one of the solenoids and inject the acid. I have a 20’ fiberglass wand that the pressure wash guys use. This might work out!