What's new

Fragramatics SAV-F

washnvac

Reaction score
What kind of timer/display is in this unit? There are no labels on it whatsoever.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
If it has a removable smartcard it's fragramatics proprietary timer for them. If it's a smaller timer it's IDX

washnvac

Reaction score
No removable smart card. This machine is from 1999 or so. Is there a direct replacement from Dixmor? I do not really see one in the KR catalog. Last time I sent something to IDX, it took forever. I see the new part on KR for $426. That is a bit stiff.

The old one I have is not accepting coin pulses. It scrolls fine, but no acceptance.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
No removable smart card. This machine is from 1999 or so. Is there a direct replacement from Dixmor? I do not really see one in the KR catalog. Last time I sent something to IDX, it took forever. I see the new part on KR for $426. That is a bit stiff.

The old one I have is not accepting coin pulses. It scrolls fine, but no acceptance.
If you have the small IDX timer you can retro with a LED7 Multifunction timer if you have the big IDX you can get the LED9 multifunction timer like Randy said which one do you have exactly??? That would help us more than anything point you in the right direction if it's your timer bad. But I am like mep i would defiantly try a different coin acceptor if the pulses are not registering before getting a new timer. I would swap one first just to make sure.[/QUOTE]

washnvac

Reaction score
It is the small one similar to this KR image. Mine does not extend past the metal plate on the right side, though. Already swapped coin acceptor. That is always the first thing to do. When I power back up, it will beep on first coin like it is reading it but nothing displays, then no beeps on subsequent coins. Does this each time I power cycle it.

Refresh my memory on the led 7- does that need a programmer, or does it have the push buttons on the back for programming?
1604267900128.png

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
You can program the Dixmor LED-7 timer with a universal TV remote or with the buttons on the back of the timer.

MEP001

Reaction score
What exactly is the SAV-F? I can't find the unit itself on Fragramatics' site, but I assume it's a multifunction unit. The LED-7 may work, but you'll lose the ability to set separate times for the different functions. The LED-6S will not directly replace the IDX LTT because it needs momentary contact (pushbuttons) to change functions. It won't work with toggle switches.

washnvac

Reaction score
SAV-F= Electronic combination super vacuum, turbo vacuum, and three fragrances with bar graph indicator

I think it is listed as FV-3 on their website now. I do not separate the pricing for frag vs vac. It is all just $2 for 6 minutes. I just got tired of people not understanding the reduction in time when they switched to fragrance.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Dixmor makes a LED7M multifunction timer and a standard LED7 same goes for the LED9s & LED6s. Dixmor makes multi function timers on every model. Here is what you need but will have to rewire the vacuum. https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-41356-multi-function-timer-led7-m.aspx

I have noticed this is becoming a more frequently asked question lately for multifunction style vacuums here on the form.

Last edited:

washnvac

Reaction score
So I found there is a direct replacement for the little two timer from IDX. It is the IDX GT200 for $255. Easier than re-wiring to accommodate the Dixmor unit.

But at the moment I actually do not need it. Everyone should try this fix when a component will not work:

I dropped the timer on the ground pretty hard. Re-installed--works perfectly. Go figure ??

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
So I found there is a direct replacement for the little two timer from IDX. It is the IDX GT200 for $255. Easier than re-wiring to accommodate the Dixmor unit.

But at the moment I actually do not need it. Everyone should try this fix when a component will not work:

I dropped the timer on the ground pretty hard. Re-installed--works perfectly. Go figure ??

Quick question is the IDX GT200 a multifunction timer or just a standard timer? also you know you have to have the newer style programmer to set those timers up also. I ran into this last year is how i know lol

MEP001

Reaction score
The GT200 "Giga Timer" can be switched between a standard timer and a multifunction timer. It programs with the RC800 programmer, which I assume is the older style one?

washnvac

Reaction score
td- I am not sure. I did not order one since the LTT is working for now; I just found it on the KR website as a replacement for the LTT. I have an rc800 programmer. If I ever have to order it, I will let you know.