What's new

General Pump YBRV5325 Balanced Relief Valve

Jeff_L

Reaction score
The one I had on my automatic was leaking, so I purchased the rebuild kit, took it apart, and replaced all the components. Great, no more leak. However, the first time the pump runs, I get the correct psi I have it set to (1200psi). Every subsequent run of the pump only runs at 400psi. If I unscrew the handle all the way, then screw it back in, the next pump run will run at 1200psi again, but after one cycle it goes back to 400psi.

It appears the pusher isn't keeping the pressure on the pin after a cycle, like it's being pushed back and lodged so it doesn't push again. Unscrewing the handle seems to reset it.

I didn't have any extra parts after the rebuild. Is anyone familiar with this type of symptom and know the correction? I'm sure it's a simple one, just can't figure out what the answer is.

MEP001

Reaction score
Did you lubricate the parts? I use silicone o-ring grease (or dielectric tune-up grease, easier to find).

I've seen the same problem on many regulators. Sometimes it's the piston hanging, sometimes the body of the regulator where the o-ring seals is eroded and you have to replace the whole thing.