What's new

Ghost in WW 1.0

washnvac

Reaction score
Unit starts reversing on its own, goes a foot or so, then goes back home. Then goes to out of service with "drive motor ran too long" error. This is with no wash triggered and nothing in bay.

All push buttons on inside panel are disconnected. Does anybody know what actually triggers the "motor run too long" error? This would be a good place to start.

Thanks.

washnvac

Reaction score
1st place I would is connections on wires for drives in gantry.
Well, I did do that already. Wiring is always the 1st place I confirm. I should have phrased my question--- after all the normal troubleshooting (wire connections, all sensors tested, all eyes tested, all manual functions tested, verify all voltages, etc.)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
check home and end of track prox
Hmm, reading is fundamental. I guess I should read more carefully. No wash triggered, eh? As in the sign does not light up? I would disconnect common to all push buttons just to rule them out. Let us know what the problem is.

washnvac

Reaction score
No wash triggered, no lights on. ALL push buttons disconnected. This one is going to be a real mystery.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You could try jumping the drive forward relay to drive it a foot forward without the manual switch on to see if it moves forward, then backs up and duplicates that fault. If it does, well, replace the relay...