What's new

Hamilton ER-60 Won’t Dispense Coins after the first Dollar

E-Z Clean Carwash

Reaction score
I’m having issues with a Hamilton ER 60 changer and I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas what’s going on.

When I put the first dollar in it changes fine but the changer your eats the second dollar bill and won’t dispense any change.

Usually when I have issues, I just swap parts out until the problem goes away, but I’ve swapped out the following parts
- The validator
- controller
- harness
- mars Etowah box

The only part I haven’t swapped out is the power box, but I couldn’t imagine that being the problem.

Anyways, any help is appreciated

Randy

Reaction score
There a small Green LED light on the front of the controller. That Green LED light is supposed to be steady on. If it's flashing it's telling you what wrong with the changer, it'll flash in a sequence. The sequence codes are in the manual. Since you've wasted a hole bunch of time changing components you didn't have to. I'll bet you have a Hopper Payout switch problem. What's the flash code on the controller?

E-Z Clean Carwash

Reaction score
The green light stays steady, it never flashes an error code. That just adds to the confusion with this issue

Randy

Reaction score
What position do you have the switches on the validator set on? You should have the switches on the validator set 1 - 4 On and 5 – 8 Off. If switch #6 is set in “Always enabled” it will keep stealing bills when the machine senses an error and shuts down. What puzzles is you say the Green LED light stays On. I’ll bet you have a Hopper problem. What happens when you turn on the dump switch on the Hopper.

E-Z Clean Carwash

Reaction score
I just double checked and that’s how I have the switches set.

The hopper won’t dump when I flip the switch.

It always works on the first dollar after I reset it but eats the money after that.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Is the Hopper dump quick disconnect connected on the harness going to the Hopper? The Hopper dump switch will not work if this quick disconnect isn’t connected. Does the out of service light work? Does it ever come on? Are the parts you installed new or used, if they are used do you know for sure that they are serviceable? Do you have another Hopper?

E-Z Clean Carwash

Reaction score
I’ll confirm this afternoon to see if the dump wire is connected.

The Out of service light never comes on, it stays solid green and keeps taking dollars.

My parts are used but I confirmed they work in the neighboring changer.

I think it may be the validator. I placed it in the neighboring machine and I got a 3-2 error, I reset it and then I got a 2-3 error. I’m just puzzled because it’s not throwing any errors in the original machine and keeps eating money after the 2nd bill.

Randy

Reaction score
Is that 3 - 2 or the 2-3 flash code on the validator or on the controller? If it's on the validator you've got a bad validator.

E-Z Clean Carwash

Reaction score
The codes were on the c2000 controller.
First time I got an error 2-3 Input stuck and second error was 3-2 hopper jammed.
I swapped the validator back to the original and no issues so I’m thinking I need to send the validator off.

Randy

Reaction score
You've got a Hopper issue.