What's new

Hamilton Gold Link problem

billj

Reaction score
I have a Hamilton Gold Link made in 2004. I need help with the remote log-in to the machine. Hamilton says it is way too old of a machine for them to provide support and they told me this 2-3 years after purchasing!! They told me it was an old machine then already. I use their software to connect in though a phone line with my computer. The software I got when I purchased the machine is not compatible with the new versions of Windows and they do not have an updated version. Can anyone help me? Does anyone else have this kind of problem with Hamilton outdating their equipment so soon? For what we pay, this should last way longer and should have support and updates for at least 10 years. I may be looking at a new auto cashier but thinking something other than Hamilton because of this problem. Any suggestions?

MEP001

Reaction score
What is a "Gold Link?" I assume you're not referring to a Gold Line Autocashier?

billj

Reaction score
What is a "Gold Link?" I assume you're not referring to a Gold Line Autocashier?
I have a Hamilton Gold Line auto cashier. The Gold Link is their software to program and clear errors and program the cashier from a remote computer though a telephone modem.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I hate it when things like that happen, company manufactures or sells an item then they discontinue it and no longer support it after few years. I bought a big screen TV when they first came out, paid big, big bucks for it. After about 3 years I started having problems with it and the service center said they could get parts for them anymore. Kind of pi$$ed me off a little bit.

Just curious as to how much you paid for the Gold link software program 10 years ago?

billj

Reaction score
I hate it when things like that happen, company manufactures or sells an item then they discontinue it and no longer support it after few years. I bought a big screen TV when they first came out, paid big, big bucks for it. After about 3 years I started having problems with it and the service center said they could get parts for them anymore. Kind of pi$$ed me off a little bit.

Just curious as to how much you paid for the Gold link software program 10 years ago?
It came with the whole system so I don't know how much it was individually.

Etowah

U Wash

Joe Dirt
Reaction score
Reminds me when Hamilton would not support their bill acceptors when the new style bills were introduced by the US Mint. Every other
manufacturer provided new chips for their equipment to take the bills. Hamilton would not provide anything so "EVERYONE" had to buy new acceptors to keep their Hamilton equipment running. At $700 a pop it worked out well for Hamilton. Suggestion do what I did. Sold my Hamilton equipment and never bought another product from them. Wish I had an answer but if Hamilton will not support their equipment you are probably never going to find someone else to provide an update.

MEP001

Reaction score
When did Hamilton ever "not provide anything" for redesigned bills?