What's new

Has anyone seen one of these before?

WikiWash

Reaction score
Check out this touch-free automatic still running today! I'm guessing 30+ years old? Does anyone know who may have manufactured this? This high tech machine keeps it simple with only 2 wash options. Get your soap and wash for $5 and if you want wax that would be the $6 package. No need for dryers bc that's what the highway is for! Who needs doors when you have weep and floor heat!

https://imageshack.com/i/ipJjjf0Gj

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
An old rusty hammer can still drive a nail too. However, I doubt many soccer moms would take a chance with this dreamboat.

Randy

Reaction score
There’s one in Port Angeles Washington that will soon be coming out. The property has been sold to a large drug store chain.

Reaction score
Ahh!! Robo Wash!! We ran two units for years! Got rid of 'em back in the '80's. At the end, we had one with a rotating brush on it! I remember one busy Sunday in winter the drive chain broke and my dad (now 89 and finally retiring 12/31) pushed the thing around by hand for two hours rather than close early!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Ahh!! Robo Wash!! We ran two units for years! Got rid of 'em back in the '80's. At the end, we had one with a rotating brush on it! I remember one busy Sunday in winter the drive chain broke and my dad (now 89 and finally retiring 12/31) pushed the thing around by hand for two hours rather than close early!
Sounds like something my dad &/or myself would have done. I remember staying up all night back in the early 1970s repairing one of the antiquated style pumps that we had before we transitioned into the "light years ahead" Cat Pumps. We knew the weather was extra favorable for car washing the next day & we also knew we had competition ... even back then. We did not have a Robo but we still remember them at the Kwiki Quonset Style Car Washes that waved through the Midwest back in the 1960s.

Mike

Reaction score
Here's an interesting tidbit of information. Our wash is named "The Quonset Car Wash" and it is located 1/4 mile from the front gate of the former Quonset Point Navel Air Station where the "Quonset Hut" was invented during WW2. Also home of the "Sea Bees".