What's new

Help with fragramatics locks.

1carwash1

Reaction score
I'm purchasing some Fragramatics combo vacuums. The facility has been shut down and of course there are no keys (was bank owned). Short of drilling the locks, are there any other options to gain access? If I have to drill them, is there any special technique involved? Thanks in advance.

MEP001

Reaction score
There's no point in drilling the locks on the doors.

If the padlock for the coin drawer has never been replaced, you may be able to get them to send a key to fit it with the serial number.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I'm purchasing some Fragramatics combo vacuums. The facility has been shut down and of course there are no keys (was bank owned). Short of drilling the locks, are there any other options to gain access? If I have to drill them, is there any special technique involved? Thanks in advance.
Which style of fragramatics do you have ....depending on when it was made the locking system is different. Is there a single lock on the side or the newer style...with the three pin style key locks?

MEP001

Reaction score
Otherwise, you can just drill through the center of the locks first with a 1/8" pilot bit then a 3/8" bit, the cam will just fall off inside when you get through.

Stuart

Reaction score
Have you thought about an 4"electric grinder and get a few metal cutting blades. This might work with minimal damage.

MEP001

Reaction score
Pin locks? They normally have cam locks with a key that turns them. These must be really old machines.

1carwash1

Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion. These are cam locks (I believe Van locks). The machines are around ten years old and each has three locks. Lots and lots of locks to drill if I cannot find an alternate solution.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Should we add in any keywords? Like for example: How to break into a Fragramatics Vacuum...? Sheesh. I understand this forum is here to help and almost always does, but maybe we should delete the more descriptive posts now and probably this one too. Otherwise Fragramatics will make a killing on replacement parts....:)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Ok, I deleted and/or edited the more descriptive posts. I'm sure 1carwash1 has enough info to keep him busy. If not, it can be done through PM.

Another suggestion. I wonder if Fragramatics could/would send him one of each key to try. I have gotten spare keys from them just from the code on the key. They had them in stock.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I both own them, and have had to do the exact same thing on a previous bank sale. Btw, I put the little smiley face at the end of the post to indicate a half joke:D... But believe it or not, many people buy from manufacturers because its easy and their time may be worth more doing something other than searching for a cheaper source of cam lock. When mine were pried, they bent the front doors and they bent the cams on the locks...

Oops just realized maybe my joke was misunderstood... explained: after all the criminals read up on breaking into them, owners would be replacing parts.

Last edited:
Etowah

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I can not agree more that your time is worth money! But I would use different locks and keys. LEI is easy to work with. Well even kr. But I will never use van locks again because I had that stupid screw on the key come out. Yes I should have had a spare! :)

http://cwguy.com/?p=4602