What's new

High definition vidio security systems

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here uses the high def. camera systems? Did not find much on these systems on the search function. I know they are more expensive but I think they may be worth it. I think fewer cameras could be used and have the ability to zoom in for any activities that needs to be checked on. Anyone have experience with this set-up?

slash007

Reaction score
I have a hybrid system that has ip cameras for the outdoor areas and just regular cameras for the bays and smaller areas. Works great. You can zoom in when playing back the ip cameras and see license plates.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I would also like to know what Ethernet switch you are using, how much memory do you have for how many cameras and how many days you can go before it "eats its tail" and your ability to remote view with such large files?

slash007

Reaction score
I built my own pc and am using a Geovision dvr card for the cameras. It is a hybrid card. For the ethernet switch, I know that it is a Cisco switch but not sure of the model. I can get more details the next time I'm at the wash. I have 20 cameras hooked up and and have no issues with remote viewing. I use IP cam viewer to monitor from my phone.

chewy007

Reaction score
Surveillance

Just wondering if anyone here uses the high def. camera systems? Did not find much on these systems on the search function. I know they are more expensive but I think they may be worth it. I think fewer cameras could be used and have the ability to zoom in for any activities that needs to be checked on. Anyone have experience with this set-up?

We have multiple sites and after years of looking at whats available we decide we wanted an open architecture system. We use exacq vision for our video management system, ipconfigure for license plates which integrates with exacq. We store LPR info for one year. Use Axis cameras if its in the budget if not Vivotek is a good alternative.
I use HP 3500 series switches with hPOE integrated, Built my own server using supermicro superserver and install exacq software...

This is a great all IP solution if its in the budget.. This equipment creates heat and must be kept cool, I keep our server closet at 65..Exacq has a great multi streaming feature that lets you remote view your mega-pixel cameras at lower frame rates and lower resolutions will recording the high resolution.

I can send pics or full specs if you would like

Jarrett