What's new

Hot Stuff Chemicals

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Anyone tried this stuff? Another deal where you get a gallon and mix it with four gallons to make your "concentrate". You then mix it further through your choice of tip on its way out.

I think somebody calls it a "hyper-pack"....

A.J.

mac

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with that particular product. I have seen though how easy it is for some to screw up premixing products.

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
yes

That's the one...I have a sample coming. I was wondering if anyone has tried it or not. If it works it could save me on shipping costs and it wouldn't take nearly as much space to store....

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I am not trying to "rain on anyone's parade" here but I must admit I am a little skeptical of any new chemical company - especially one selling hyper concentrates. One thing that bothers me is they say you make 5 gallons of product with one gallon of their product for a ratio of 5:1. If you make 5 gallons with a one gallon solution the ratio would be 4:1, not 5:1. I would be a little concerned If they have trouble with the dilution ratio of their own products.

Concentrates can be pretty tricky. In the case study on their website the best performance for the presoak they said was at 38:1 in a touch free unit. With a 4:1 solution at that dilution ratio you are at 190:1. Not bad but nothing exceptional. It depends on how much you need to get to the performance level you want. It sounds nice to reduce shipping costs. The real issue is use cost. If you achieve equal performance I would make sure that the actual use cost is in line with what you have been paying. If that works for you fine. It never hurts to try something new but make sure you benefit with lower cost or better performance.

Randy

Reaction score
I?m a little apprehensive to change chemicals. I currently use Kleen-rite Vanilla cream and just bought soap at the WCA convention, they had special buy 3 get 1 free plus FREE shipping. I bought 6 pails and got 8 pails for the price of 6. So each 5 gallon pail that makes 15 gallons of usable product came to $43.90. To get the same amount of Hot Stuff product would cost me $119.97. I might order a gallon of Hot Stuff to play with, I guess it never hurts to try something different.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I like and use some KR stuff, but was tired of moixing so I found that Hydrominder had a kit for "Ultra Lean tips" The biggest dilution I believe is 360 to one and it gets lower from there. The Doastron and simuiar items I think can go as low as 1500 to one.

The only downside to the Ultra lean tips is that the hydrominder Bucket gets a foam overflow. I guess that is due to some air in the city water. Strange it soes not happen at lower dilutions.

JIMT

Reaction score
Earl,
I think with the very small tips the higher vacuum sucks air from the somewhere in the system, where as with a larger tip there in not as much suction.
JIMT

ScottP

Car Wash Owner
Reaction score
I tried out the hot stuff chemicals for a few months. I liked the one gallon jugs and the free shipping. But to get the product I prefer I had to use bigger tips and ended up going through 5 gallons of product rather quickly. Another turn off for me was when I got my credit card bill and had a charge from an online barbecue store. I finally realized that this was the same company selling hot stuff chemicals. It just seemed weird to me. I now use the Kleen-Rite ultra concentrates. You can't beat the buy 3 get 1 free deal and the free shipping.