What's new

How to sell Gift Cards and Prepaids online for C-Start by Unitec?

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I'd like to start selling prepaid discounts and gift cards on my website. I have a Unitec C-Start and all the packages are set up in the system. I'm trying to figure out how I can sell these directly from my website.

I can accept payments manually with my CC processor through the MX Merchant web site. I can manually enter/activate a prepaid code in Unitec. So right now I could provide a code for a pre-paid account if I collected the customers credit card information over the phone. I could also send them a gift card. This would be time consuming and not a great customer experience.

I see a lot of car wash operators selling through their website so I'm wondering if there is a common method. I'm using GoDaddy website builder which is limited in features. If I were able to collect credit card information and some other key data I could manually set up the codes and cards. I'm not sure if this is possible due to PCI compliance.

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks

chaz

Reaction score
How about selling a card in your vending machine....assuming you have a spiral type vendor that can allow higher end items. You can promote on sight and on web. I have the DAN system from Hamilton. It allows to reload and purchase on the web...then I’d mail the card...refill is instant. In 10 years I’ve never sold a card on line ....and only a handful of remote reloads. My customers seem to prefer buying from my on site machine

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Hamilton/DAN card-based system is a good option if the program is administered properly as was described.

My advice is to look towards this type of solution because subscription economy is making things like gift cards and pre-paid discounts passé.

For example, if monthly unlimited isn’t possible, provide loyalty rewards instead because it attracts people that wash more frequently and spend more.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
How about selling a card in your vending machine....assuming you have a spiral type vendor that can allow higher end items. You can promote on sight and on web. I have the DAN system from Hamilton. It allows to reload and purchase on the web...then I’d mail the card...refill is instant. In 10 years I’ve never sold a card on line ....and only a handful of remote reloads. My customers seem to prefer buying from my on site machine
I hadn't thought about selling through vending. Great idea and I'll see if my machine can to it. Thanks.