What's new

I love having this type of day

DiamondWash

Reaction score
When you are in your equipment room and you have to yell because all of your equipment is running continuously!!!:):):) high pressure pumps running, the sound of the dryers kicking on, air compressor running, change makers dispensing, the quarters coming into the vault, 6 vac it up motors running ohhh it's music to my ears..... and money in the bank.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes i love this type of day, too, where i am 'riding the lightning'. add in some detailing and used car sales action and you get the idea of my day when busy.

Reaction score
What makes a day like that truly "special" is the one like I had on Tuesday. There I was ,all by myself,pumps all running, vacs vaccing,changers changing, foaming brush pump dying, truck bay drain not draining,...

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I learning that sound well.:cool:

I've only been open since July. December was my best month. I've beaten December already by +40%.

I'm blessed.

gearhead

Reaction score
Winter is a great time of year in the Midwest for carwash owners. This is when all the prep in November pays off. I take many laps thru the mech. room checking gauges and listening for odd sounds during days we are slammed. You could yell at the top of your lungs and no one would hear. (done it) Its a wonderful sound.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Just remember these days, When you have a week or two of rain!! When the guy complains about the soap not being good!! When the lady screams and yells at you about losing a quarter!! When the dirtbag by the vacuum standing next to the trash receptacle throws trash on the ground!!! ETC..ETC.. ETC.. Keep adding them on!! These are the days we live and look for in this business, last year had a lot of these days!! I am hoping this year is similar.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mine was when a customer said I run "the best car wash in the world!" I started to ask if he's used every one in the world, but I decided to take the compliment instead.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup it's been good! so much so that i am logging too many hours at the wash and getting rough around the edges. going out for a hike soon. that should relax me.

chaz

Reaction score
Yep. I'm not greedy but I'd be thrilled with say two Saturday's a month like this weekend. 153 cars through my automatic at an average of $11.31@. Plus my 4 s/s bays that were lined up most of the day.

Thanks Mother Nature for the beautiful Saturday in January after some wet salty roads!

MEP001

Reaction score
yup it's been good! so much so that i am logging too many hours at the wash and getting rough around the edges. going out for a hike soon. that should relax me.
I walk about 12 miles each day at the wash. The last thing I want to do to relax is walk some more.