What's new

I love you Kleen Rite, so...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love Kleen Rite. But today they were off their game!

1. website was partially o.o.o.; detail products showed a partial list of items when clicked!

2. No Mothers Cali Gold in a case available.

3. No mild clay bars available???

4. Discrepancies over amount needed to qualify for free shipping?

JEEEZUM! I had to try and place an online order, then call direct, then read the online list to the order taker, then thumb thru the catalog. That's alot of farting around to place an order.

Please bring me back to the smooth sailin order placement of yesterday, Kleenrite Corp! I love you and don't want to break up but may need to start seeing other people.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Yep, I have to admit their website drives me nuts - ever tried to use their search function? I dont even bother, I just grind my teeth and pull out the paper catalog.

MEP001

Reaction score
PaulLovesJamie said:
Yep, I have to admit their website drives me nuts - ever tried to use their search function? I dont even bother, I just grind my teeth and pull out the paper catalog.
It's a lot better than it was a year ago - it used to balk at any two-word search. It still can't find results if you search multiple words and they aren't together in the listing, but searching for one word and using Ctrl + F to find another works pretty well.

dclark3344

Reaction score
The order taker I had the other day took 10 minutes to place the first two items of the 41 items I needed to order so I just hung up and got another order taker.

MEP001

Reaction score
dclark3344 said:
The order taker I had the other day took 10 minutes to place the first two items of the 41 items I needed to order so I just hung up and got another order taker.
Did you have the part numbers?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Every year or so I speak with someone there there about their website. It is a very slow and stupid search engine. You need the exact same way it was inputted into their system. For example (not a real example) if you search PC875 but their system was PC 875, you won't get anything. So finding anything is frustrating.

However, my experience with their staff and my orders have been very good. They just need to revamp the whole online system (a big job I know).

soapy

Reaction score
I like Kleenrite and their prices. It is funny to see a bunch of us carwashers sit around and bash them for not updating to the newest latest technology every year or even more often. We as a group are probably some of the biggest offenders to not updating every peice of equipment each time a improvment is made. As long as Kleenrite keeps their prices low like they do I can live with a little website hassle.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Waxman is a forgiving kind of guy...so if he mentions it...it's a problem.

I do a lot of purchasing and price checking online. I have purchased stuff from as many as 50 different websites and likely visited thousands this year alone. I must say that in all those visits, Kleenrite has got to be one of the worst. They really do need to bite the bullet and replace the whole thing.

I know what your saying Soapy and I too will not switch to another, However, this is their face to their customers and it just plain sucks.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I like Kleenrite and their prices. It is funny to see a bunch of us carwashers sit around and bash them for not updating to the newest latest technology every year or even more often. We as a group are probably some of the biggest offenders to not updating every peice of equipment each time a improvment is made. As long as Kleenrite keeps their prices low like they do I can live with a little website hassle.
Soapy, I respectfully disagree. This is not "bashing" - this is customers expressing frustration at difficulties finding and purchasing products... Huge difference!

Search functionality is NOT the newest and latest technology, far from it - I personally have written better search engines... in the early 80s. Yes thats 30 freaking years ago, and its only gotten easier since then. Not hard to do at all. As far overhauling the website, I agree that I dont care if it's a bit clunky, but product catalogs are also simple, and sorry, but not newest and latest. I mean, really - I have to pull out a paper catalog to place an order on a website??? :confused:

Yes KR is low price, yes I do most of my shopping there largely because of that. (Plus they're only an hour away, so I can avoid shipping costs.) I think we're simply saying that "low prices" is not a good excuse for ignoring your customer's experience.

Make it easy to find your products. Make it easy to pay. Make them leave with a smile. If low price were all that mattered I'd buy everything at wally world. (FYI I rarely go there because I dislike that shopping experience.)

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have to agree with some of the comments here about the search function, but I've been on sites a lot worse! When I find something on their site that I buy or know I will need, I always put it in "My Frequent Products" list...Surely you guys use this feature. It makes reordering a breeze and helps to organize the parts you need for quicker lookup. I haven't been on any other CW parts website that has this.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
When I find something on their site that I buy or know I will need, I always put it in "My Frequent Products" list...Surely you guys use this feature.
Yes, I used it... then my list disappeared during an upgrade. Along with a long order that we were putting into our cart over the course of a few days, and no we didnt write down all the part numbers so it took another hour with the catalog to re-do our order. Followed by sifting through the paper catalog to start to rebuild our frequent products list. Yeah, I know stuff happens, I dont hold it against them. But it is frustrating.

Yes we all know that KR does a lot of things well - thats why they get most of my business. Just saying, they'd have more of it if I could use their website without the paper catalog in one hand.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I like the way Windtrax does it.

If I have ever ordered a part from them it is put in a list automatically. When I place my order I just pick from this list of about 100 items, not from their entire catalog of tens of thousands of parts.

Really how often do you order something that you haven't ordered before? Me, I'll bet that 99% of my parts I've ordered before and are on this list automatically. Easy-Schmeasy