What's new

Installed new nayax readers

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Installed new nayax reader to complement the one yhat we have had operational for a couple years. We hit some issues with finding a older led 6 that would count up but i ended up finding 2 of the older versions. Our bays have about 26.5 volt ac and from prior experience of ruining a reader with 26 v we steped down the voltage to 12 dc. On this installation I followed cantbreak80 posts on how to use the external stop button. His posts were very helpful. We use nayax due to our site not having internet service and this option is way cheaper for us to operate. We have had good luck so far with the nayax. We did not have to do much with Nayax customer support, we bought the unit from them and when it was sent to us ithe unit was showing up on my dashboard. KR sells the same unit for about $50 less but i didn't want to try to get it onboarded and spend a day on the phone.

Attachments

buckeye3847

Reaction score
Looks nice! I have the laurel sidemount box as well for my nayax and the same rotary label from KR :cool:. No chance I was investing in brand new coin boxes and installation right away. everything else looks clean and professional on your bay. I bought from another distributor and the onboarding process was very streamlined and they use some of the same onboarding web forms. Getting wired and configured to my timers was a whole other pain and Nayax offered no support or documentation. So it took me a long time to get them working.

Keno

Reaction score
Nice looking install. We just installed 8 more bays at a newly acquired location. Bypassed the bay timer for nayax sales. Bought direct from nayax, and had 2 of 8 bad out of the box. Don't know if it was bad luck or nayax QC going down hill.

buckeye3847

Reaction score
Nice looking install. We just installed 8 more bays at a newly acquired location. Bypassed the bay timer for nayax sales. Bought direct from nayax, and had 2 of 8 bad out of the box. Don't know if it was bad luck or nayax QC going down hill.
We had similar issues with bad QC from new units this fall 2023. 2 of mine went bad within 2 months and then the remaining 2 went bad not long after. So I now have warranty replacements on all 4 bays. In pretty much all of the cases, would not pulse the timer upon payment after doing so fine in months prior with no config changes having been made.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Installed new nayax reader to complement the one yhat we have had operational for a couple years. We hit some issues with finding a older led 6 that would count up but i ended up finding 2 of the older versions. Our bays have about 26.5 volt ac and from prior experience of ruining a reader with 26 v we steped down the voltage to 12 dc. On this installation I followed cantbreak80 posts on how to use the external stop button. His posts were very helpful. We use nayax due to our site not having internet service and this option is way cheaper for us to operate. We have had good luck so far with the nayax. We did not have to do much with Nayax customer support, we bought the unit from them and when it was sent to us ithe unit was showing up on my dashboard. KR sells the same unit for about $50 less but i didn't want to try to get it onboarded and spend a day on the phone.
Can you tell us a little more about ruining a Nayax reader with 26.5 VAC? Did the display just go dead or did it quit sending pulses? Just curious, because after reading your post I looked at the specs of the Nayax reader and seen where the recommended incoming voltage was 12-24 VAC or 12-42 VDC. Definitely a wider range with DC voltage.