What's new

jd adams COMBOS major control BOARD failures

cmawash

Reaction score
purchased 8 jd adams combo Vacs shampoo unit , in a two year period 6 vacs have failed, at $600 a board to replace, adams finally came up with a upgraded board so old boards are junk and now must replace with new board with pump upgrade kits. new problem boards with conversion is new boards are not labled as what connector control what functions adams says just replace connectors in new boards. PROBLEM NOW IS THAT NEW BOARDS HAVE CONNECTORS IN DIFFERENT PLACES, lack of complete instructions make replacement very trickey. Kleen rite will provide a repair rma and parts are sent to ADAMS who will not repair or replace boards, so we have to pay $600 plus to REPLACE a POORLY DESIGNED UNIT WITH FRAGIL CONTROL BOARD THAT THE CUSTOMER CAN DESTROLY BU SHORTING A FRAGANCE GUN OR SHAMPOO HEAD WIRES

TALKING TO ADAMS AND THEY REALLY DONT CARE JUST BUY A NEW BOARD AT $600 x 6 UNIT= $3600. lack of customer support by jd adams to back up there problems

weak product design extends to air fragrance gun every gun has a broken switch with is a plug and play it has to be soldered and for a field repair its a lot of work.

WILL NOT RECOMMEND THESE UNITS, LOW REALIBILITY

WikiWash

Reaction score
I have Doyle vacs fragramatics and JE Adams. My Doyles are used the most and I have had little trouble with them the past 15 years. My fragramatics aren't used as much bc of their location and I have had very little problems. The Adams aren't used as much as the Doyles but more than the fragramatics bc they are in a better location. I have had so many problems with the 6 in 1 JE Adams combo vac. They are complete junk. I have had to replace switches, contactors, and switch wires. Also the fragrance manifold gets stuck open or closed. I use high quality oil based fragrance my lines are clean and i use filters. I have even flushed the manifolds out and i still have problems. I had to solder loose electrical connections. I have a 2 vac motor (vac) and a 3 vac motor (turbo vac option) option. The 2 vac motor selection is pathetic and embarassing. The 3 motor vac works as well as my doyles and fragramatics 2 motor vacs. When you cover the claw intake when its on 3 motor the rear vac panel gets sucked and makes a popping sound. JE ADAMS IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!! And I am sorry for your troubles with them CMAWASH

cmawash

Reaction score
TALKED TO ADAMS TECHNICAL SUPPORT, discused what problems we had in installing updated board and lack of information for a complex installation (12 pages of instructions), getting JD Adams to support and Warrenty boards because their old design was defective( failure prone) is on going their policy is 1 year warrenty and its your problem from there, not impressed with JD Adams attitude on providing repair parts for equipment that was defective. These are $5500 machines. Their attitude is that every body has problems and you pay list price because we all ready have your money and don't car that much for customer support

Randy

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I know a guy here who has 8 J.E Adams combo vac's that he removed because he couldn't keep them running without spending hours repairing them. When he pulled them out he replaced them with just a plain old round vac, didn't hurt his income at all. I believe he'll make someone a deal on them.