What's new

jd adams company attitude on combo vac problems

cmawash

Reaction score
went to 2017 car wash show in Vegas and mentioned that combo vac had problems and thier attitude from an jd adams sales lady was that you don't know how to maintain your equipment and that our equipment is not at fault, also talked to a senior engineer for adams, he explained the redesign of the control board was due to components being not available,other people have said that it was also due design problems were board could be easly damaged due to a foam brush or fragrance wire shorting out, as far as receiving help from jd adams, ITS A NO GO ONCE THEY RECIEVED YOUR MONEY......... WOULD WE BUY COMBO VAC FROM ADAMS AGAIN, DONT THINK SO....... COMPANYS ATTITUDE IS TO DENEY ANY PROBLEMS AND LITTLE HELP OR CONCERN TO EXSITING CUSTOMERS.

MEP001

Reaction score
I can believe that you may have had some problems with your "jd adams" vacuums, but I don't believe for a second you've been treated or talked to that way.

soapy

Reaction score
I was at the JE adams booth just passing by and heard a operator talking about this same thing. Not sure who the operator was but basically he got the same response as described above. I also know a operator who bought several of these combo units and had nothing but problems. He eventually yanked them out after spending over 100K on these units.

cmawash

Reaction score
cost to operate a je adams combo vac

I was at the JE adams booth just passing by and heard a operator talking about this same thing. Not sure who the operator was but basically he got the same response as described above. I also know a operator who bought several of these combo units and had nothing but problems. He eventually yanked them out after spending over 100K on these units.
we paid about $5500 for top of the line je adams combo units, after 3 years 6 control board failures out of 8 units failed, customers able to unscrew plastic hose connectors pull hose out of unit short wires from hose and blow main control board,$600 for new board, hoses are about $150 a hose ( fragrance or shampoo ) , soldered wires to switches make field repair very hard to do. Received redesigned control board instructions are weak , instruction say transfer wires connectors to new board, they are relocated and do not match on new board, not an easy job, and consider your are doing a field repair, female sale's rep says our factory teck's have no problem in doing the job , we are just a customer who's trying to fix units . A lot of electrical components in the je adams vacs are consumer grade they should be commercial/industrial grade. electronics quality seem to Chinese mass production bottom line components