What's new

Jim Coleman Frag/Vac Problem

slash007

Reaction score
I noticed that one of my fragrance machines only puts out air when fragrance is selected and no chemical/fluid comes out. I was thinking that it might be a solenoid problem, but all 3 scents do the same thing, so I was wondering if it could be something else?

Thanks.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
In the gun their is a plastic body that is pretty much a machine piece of plastic that acts like a venturi/atomiser... all 3 lines feed into that piece... they are very small ck to see if any of them are plugged...Just a Idea

MikeV

Reaction score
Its not uncommon for the solenoid valves to go bad in these machines, also, check to see if your lines are plugged up.

slash007

Reaction score
I honestly can't remember if I ever fixed this problem, if it just started working on it's own or if it just hasn't worked the past few months, but I recently had a complaint so I checked it out and there is still no fragrance coming out, just air. I will check to see if any lines are clogged as the coils are fine. One thing that I wasn't sure of was how it was supposed to operate. When fragrance is selected, air or fragrance (if fragrance actually came out) comes out of the gun right away. Shouldn't nothing come out until an actual scent is selected?

slash007

Reaction score
I wanted to add that when I opened the main door, one of the 3 fragrances was empty while the other two were full, so it must have been working, but not properly. When the fragrance option was selected, it must have defaulted to one scent. Even if I fix the problem of only air coming out, there seems to be another problem of having one scent turn on right away. Anyone know what would cause that? Thanks.

John_Thomas

Reaction score
I had two fragrances not working so I took the solenoid apart and saw the spring/pin was froze up inside the stem. I ordered 2 new pieces and now it works like it should. Each was around $25.00 from a distributor in Texas.

slash007

Reaction score
I had two fragrances not working so I took the solenoid apart and saw the spring/pin was froze up inside the stem. I ordered 2 new pieces and now it works like it should. Each was around $25.00 from a distributor in Texas.
That was the problem with mine but I was able to just clean them. They work great now. Did you try to clean them at all before buying new ones?

John_Thomas

Reaction score
Hey,

Yes I took them apart and tried to run them under soap and water but they still were getting hung up. I also tried wd40 but that didnt work either. What was your process? I saved the parts so if I can get them working I can have as spares.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I run a cycle or two of rubbing alcohol through mine on about a quarterly basis to keep them from getting gummed up. I use oil based fragrances.

slash007

Reaction score
I actually just ran them through hot water then used a small flat head screw driver to scrape off whatever gunk I could. Probably not the best way, but it worked that time at least.

slash007

Reaction score
That might work for the insert, but how about inside the stem itself? Can't fit much in there.