What's new

Jury duty for tough guys!!

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
My brother and I have been selected as "actors" for the county sheriff.
Our acting job will allow us to play bad guys in a simulated police raid/hostage/bank robbery.. Here is the exciting part. We will be give .50 cal paint ball guns as well as the Swat team. and we are encouraged to ingauge in full contact ..I am to "act" like a criminal in a real situation... It is 100 % full on. Our only rule is we cannot punch them. They like us to make it as real as they can. You can say I get to give the cops hell!!! The swat team will come in and " take us down" (If I dont get them first!!) put us in cuffs and haul us away and process us.. All in a mock simulation.. This will happen to morrow at 9AM we have 3 situation we will be doing at different places...I am going to try and get a go pro vid.. I will have a up date wed..It is a honor and privilege to do this....may be someone on the forum can get involved with their local community and do this too!!!

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
That sounds like fun. Post the vid if you get it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have an acquaintance who was a swat team commander in California. He also taught PPCT classes. He told me that they brought in former special forces guys to go up against in a warehouse district.

Special forces slaughtered the SWAT guys every time. He said the reason was the Special forces are trained for combat. SWAT guys typicaly vastly outnumber and out gun the bad guy who is not trained.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
So.... Close....
We got right down to it.. when.... we were just being issued our weapons and protective gear... When The SWAT had to make a REAL call on guys In Council Bluffs that had a cache of stolen guns...So we had to abort mission.
We will be doing it again in 30 days..
Here was the scenario(based off real local events): A father took his 3 boys hostage on thanksgiving day..Their was to be a shot out the father was shot dead...3 boys arrested..when they said full on.. They were not kidding!! We were given REAL glock handguns.. that shot paint balls...They were even going to use flash bangs on us....And they said ..do what ever you need.. but remember "We dont loose a fight" ...

jprb

Reaction score
Having been on the police side of this scenario, be prepared to be "roughed up"!! Adrenaline is a powerful drug!! Have fun!!