What's new

Kinda..thinking about..New Idea??

packerscw

Reaction score
So I have been for awhile trying to think of new things to do for the self serve bays.

One thing that I thought of was adding an option in the bay of being able to check your tire pressure. Pretty much while you are using the bay you will be able to switch an option to be able to fill your tires on your vehicle. The average time to fill four tires is right around 1 minute.

So I dont know just something I have been thinking about.

What do you guys think??

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My tire air machines is $1.00 for 4 minutes. Much Higher than SS pricing.

I think 1 minute fo 4 tires is not realistic. Most people need to remove and replace the dust caps.

Mr. Hoffman added a function with compressed air and a Blowoff nozzle regulated down to 45 PSI with a seperate boom.

I would do this instead and ad a centraly located tire air machine if you think it will justify the expense.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Packer,

A few problems with it...First, I would say from my air machine use, its more like 2 minutes. Depending on your pricing, that's an expensive air fill. Freezing of the tip...not sure if it gets that cold where you are. Hose on the ground...that's a big problem with the air machine, unless you use a boom. Finally, why do you think it would be used that much. I have a stand alone machine, next to a wal-mart...cheapest price around and its does about $100/mth. I find that's great for a $350 investment and some old parts.

eaglewash

Reaction score
A big problem with it being inside the bay, it would encourage all these wannabe mechanics using it as a garage bay. I have already ran off enough guys using bays working on their engines, changing oil, and painting, etc.......I think it will also encourage your car washers to do other light duty things like fill their windshield fluid, check their radiator levels, air filters, etc... I already ask people to go to the drying shed to dry, wax, and detail done washing. I added Air Shammies to 2 of my six bays and they are on pace to pay for themselves in about 9-10 mos. At least it keeps the meter running.