What's new

Kondor KL2 Carriage Jam Fault

Etowah

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
We operate a Kondor Kl2 at our location. We have been getting a Carriage Jam Fault the last day. After inspection we have determined that the rollers for the carriage aren't making good contact with the rails that they move on. Has anyone ran it to this before and if so, did it require replacing the rollers? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never run in to this before.

Timmb

Reaction score
What makes you think they aren't making good contact? The whole weight of the carriage is on the rollers. Are the rollers spinning and the carriage not moving. A carriage jam is caused by the carriage obviously not moving at all or the computer thinks it's not moving because prox switches are not counting the sprocket teeth.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
You can see that they are wearing unevenly on one side to the point where one roller is only making a contact on a quarter of the rail. After looking in to it I believe the problem is the rollers aren't coming in good contact on the prox switches side that counts the teeth. We tested the Prox switches themselves and they are working and functioning properly. Any suggestions?

Timmb

Reaction score
RaiseThe idler /prox axle in the air and make sure it rotates freely and you don't have any binding or bad bearings.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Ill give this a try and see what we can find this afternoon. Ill keep you updated!

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
RaiseThe idler /prox axle in the air and make sure it rotates freely and you don't have any binding or bad bearings.
We found the cause! Attached is a video. The drive wheel is spinning regular but the prox wheel is just sliding. When I turn the prox wheel by hand it seems to turn fun though? It looks like it isn't making good contact with the rail. Have you run in to this before?

Attachments

Timmb

Reaction score
That's a solid axle both sides should be doing the same thing. Have you raised it up does it spin freely? It's just an idler axle it's not a motor driven axle.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
That's a solid axle both sides should be doing the same thing. Have you raised it up does it spin freely? It's just an idler axle it's not a motor driven axle.
We diagnosed the problem after lifting the wheels. The bearing are getting old and having too much resistance to let the wheels spin freely. Is this a bearing that can be found other places besides belanger? We wont get the bearings until this weekend so I want to minimize downtime.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Usually bearings aren't proprietary in my experience. You have to take it apart anyway, so when you remove the old bearing, get the part number off the bearing and type it into Google. I bet you'll find it!

Timmb

Reaction score
I'll send you a picture I just took one of these carriages completely apart. The bearings are a sealed hub bearing similar to a car. The idler wheels are just like taking a car tire off and then the bearing is behind that.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
I'll send you a picture I just took one of these carriages completely apart. The bearings are a sealed hub bearing similar to a car. The idler wheels are just like taking a car tire off and then the bearing is behind that.
We have ours dissembled with the bearing out. We can't find a part number on it, so am checking with AutoZone to see exactly what type it would be. I looks to be off a old GM car.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
No part number on the bearing at all :( We are going to try to repack the bearing.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Carwash is back up and running after repacking the bearing!! Thank you everyone for all your help, greatly appreciated