What's new

Laser 4000 24vdc help

washnvac

Reaction score
The fuse on my 1.5 amp 24vdc power supply keeps blowing.

I unhooked all the power to the input and output modules and the vt board. I was going to power up one at a time to try and isolate the issue. But with everything unhooked, the fuse still blows. Changed power supply, for craps and kicks; and the fuse still blows. Unhooked both outputs on the power supply, fuse ok. Touched 24vdc+ to power supply, fuse ok. Touched 24vdc common to power supply; fuse blows(with 24vdc+ removed.) So fuse blows with only the 24vdc common hooked up on the output side.

Someone please help my stupid self figure out what I am missing. Thanks.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Sounds to me something is back-feeding(shorting) to your common wire. When installing the common on the power supply its feeding to the power supplys ground causing the fuse to blow. Id test that common wire to ground with a meter and see if there is any juice on it.

washnvac

Reaction score
Got it fixed; just had to walk away for a bit. Had stray voltage on the ground the p/s was hooked to. Once I cleared that up, I was able to re-engage each module for troubleshooting. Ended up being the left limit switch was sucking all the dc voltage down to 6vdc. Changed it out; now good to go until the next adventure comes along.