What's new

Loading a vending machine?

U Wash

Joe Dirt
Reaction score
I just switched from a vending machine where the product hangs from the helix to one where the products sits in a channel and the helix pushes it along the bottom of the tray. I am having major problems loading this machine for good dispensing and not getting stuck in the machine. The Armor All pads are 4.74 inches wide and the channels are 4 inches. There are numerous helix sizes with 8, 10, 12, 24 coils in the given channel area, etc.

The manufacturer says it is an art form to load these machines, OK where are the guidelines to tell you where to start. Which helix with which product? Where to dead end the helix for the product? Does anyone have a good publication with this info?

Budscarwash

Reaction score
I've haven't found a fool proof fix, but sometimes with certain products I fold them in half before I load them, and with the blue towels I always put them as far to the left as possible. For actually size info I would have to look at my machine to know, the smaller coils with the trees, the large go with bottles, and the rest I believe you just size up in the middle.

cdreed06

Reaction score
I have found it helps to fold some in the middle. Like the glass cleaner and bug and tar. My blue towels I do a three way fold and make them smaller. They don't seem to get stuck anymore.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I cut off the hanger part on top of the larger packets, Oziums, Refresh.
You might have to trim Armorall and others to get them to work.